sort it on range but still crap on the tee!!!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
So I sorted my driving a little while back but as soon as I get on the tee the fear of slicing comes back and I cock it up!

go back to the range and blam, drive long and straight, next round slice like a mofo!!!

I know its mostly mental but how the hell can I transfer my driver swing from the range to the course :(

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So I sorted my driving a little while back but as soon as I get on the tee the fear of slicing comes back and I cock it up!

go back to the range and blam, drive long and straight, next round slice like a mofo!!!

I know its mostly mental but how the hell can I transfer my driver swing from the range to the course :(

Not sure but if you find the answer be sure to let Tim know :) :p

ivan

Medal Winner
Visit site
have left my driver at home for the past couple of months and use my 3 hybrid off the tee - lose a bit of distance but don't have to go so far into the trees/bushes to find my ball!!!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gibbo,

I have been having the same issue. All seem to come good on Saturday when I played with Bob. He got me to slow everything down and not try and tear the living jebus out of the ball and It helps. The old addage "let the club do the work" really does work and I'm forcing myself to swing easier with positive results.

I also find taking a deep breath (and exhaling!) before you start your swing will relax you, enabling you to give a tension free swing.

I'll see on Monday, with 43 other forum members watching, whether this all works! :D

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i did read somewhere that having more weight on your back foot stops slicing of the ball, i think they said a 60/40 balance. im not prone to slicing a driver but it could be worth a go.

Alternatively gibbo get your wonga out and have a driving lesson. I doubt the fault with your driver is just driver related, its just the club that highlights the fault the most.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

I doubt it's mental. More likely that in/on the comfort zone of a square mat and oblong bay, you have much more control over your alignment and swing (in terms of consistency).

If I could take my range swing to the course, I'd play off less than 5.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site

It's all about trust. With no preasure on the driving range, your free to swing. When you get on the first tee with different thoughts going through your mind, you tighten up and your swing changes. You have to learn to trust your driving range swing out on the course.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a driving lesson just before Beau as was worried about being in the 1st group off and my woeful slice, he changed my swing path and it worked.

It does seem to be a different swing on the tee, I try to remember too much I think then completely balls it up. will try and remember to swing easy and stick to basics... this bloody game will not get the better of me ;)

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
G1BBO,

Leave the range alone for a while and just practice on the course.

With the long daylight hours at this time of year you should get loads of practice in on the real conditions of the course matey :)