Visit site
[video=youtube_share;o0IDbDiyKrE]http://youtu.be/o0IDbDiyKrE[/video]

1: 8i on par 3 - went off the back
2: Driver on par 4 - bit of a low draw/hook
3: 5i approach - drew round and came up short
4: 5w - big hook, lost left
5: 5w reload - topped and scuttled off into the rough on the right
6: 50 deg wedge - landed to about 2 feet from the pin

Any clues as to why my woods are hooking round so much?

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Your back is arched and your shoulders are rounded, watch some videos of Adam Scotts setup and compare to your own and you will see what i mean. Lovely tempo though.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You are swinging very in to out, this is creating your hook spin. Look at the position of your clubhead past impact, it is moving right of target, work on bringing it back inside again in the follow through. The difference in the club position at the top of the backswing verses the top of the follow through indicates this problem as well. Its much higher from your shoulder plane in the follow through.

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Your back is arched and your shoulders are rounded, watch some videos of Adam Scotts setup and compare to your own and you will see what i mean. Lovely tempo though.

I'm with you on the posture. Comparing against Scott, Schwartzel and Donald, and I am way more hunched over, probably because it's impossible to be balanced with a straight back given how far I have to lean over to get my club on the floor when my legs aren't bent. Need far more 'butt out'. You can also see I have to lift my chin more because of that, otherwise I'd have no room to swing in.

posture.jpg

I'll work on that and then see how the club path goes. It might straighten up through sorting my posture out as I do feel I'm swinging as far left as I can already, so if it's still going out to the right then it's an indication that I just have no room left to swing in to.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
that looks a great swing for a 20 handicap. I would be over the moon with that. nice work fella. I can see you drop dramatically if you can brush up your chipping and putting.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am working on posture. As well as bum out have been encouraged by Pro to stick chest out. This has helped imp[rove my posture enormously and I'm starting to play to 18/19 regularly - but am no expert!

Take it easy

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
[video=youtube_share;w9DTrmoe6Y8]http://youtu.be/w9DTrmoe6Y8[/video]

Made some alterations to my stance. Trying to get a little more knee flex and a little less hunch. Still doesn't have the 'Adam Scott' straight back, but I was hitting the ball much cleaner and straighter and I felt like I was getting into a much better finishing position without having to force it.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
it is infinitely better but the reason your not getting the Adam Scott style back is you bending from your hips but you also have to rotate your pelvis down. Its not an easy thing to explain without some one putting you in the position. it is also what gives the butt out look you speak of.

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Don't over flex your knees... just get your bum more backwards.

Try standing with your heels 6" from a wall then bend forwards keeping your legs straight, as you do so your bum should move backwards (it counterbalances your weight) and it should touch the wall. so now your bum is a good few inches behind your heels.... allow your knees to flex a couple of inches. The lower part of your legs (below the knees) should FEEL like they are now actually quite vertical maybe your knees just stick out a little. What is important is that your bum counterbalances your upper body... now you should be able to swing more stable instead of spinning.

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ok - I think I get what you're getting at. Who'd have thought something as basic as standing could be so difficult and cause so many problems?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
bum_back.gif