Society Trip Destinations?

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Caernarfon or Criccieth interests me as I'd like to do the North Wales penninsula [Nefyn etc] Whats the evenings like there tho? We usually go Sunday-Tuesday so obviously one of the nights is a Monday.

Leeds has been suggested, but I'm sure that would turn into carnage being a major UK city. York is a worth a peak.

Criccieth's quite nice, fair few pubs for the size of it. But we don't have anywhere near your 24-28 people, so don't know how you'd sort out digs there. Caernarfon would be the better place to look at for a party of that size. Still got a nice mix of pubs etc.. Can get really busy in the summer.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A bit further than your 2 hour travel limit but......

A couple of years ago we did Ayrshire. Played Glasgow Gailles on the Friday, 2 rounds on Old Prestwick on the Saturday and 2 rounds on Dundonald Links on the Sunday. It was booked through one of the golf trip companys (possibly Ayrshire Golf Tours?) and we paid around £350 iirc including accommodation, the digs were a bit basic, just pub b&b but the golf (courses) was fantastic.

A couple of us also played Carlisle and Irvine Bogside on the way up and another track on the way back.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Silloth is a great course, however it sounds to me like York would be the ideal place. You could drive up, play Moor Allerton in Leeds on the way, or, go straight to York, stay over and play Ganton/Moortown/ Fulford. Yorks a great place, lots of old boozers and it offers nighclubs for those who want to stay out a bit later!!
+1 on this. We also know where there is a revolving dancefloor...

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dumfries not bad nightlife and some terrific courses ie southerness Powfoot dumfries and county and Lochmaben