So we're up to 6 piece balls now?

D

Deleted member 1147

I remember gaming the old Slazenger wound balls. I wonder how many layers of elastic bands they had?
Dozens

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great advice, except for the through winter for me, our greens slow up and I need a ball that runs a bit further from the same strike.

I have played Bridgestone B330 RXS for the past few years and bought in bulk after settling on them. Just down to my last two so the hunt for a new ball starts.The new Version just does not feel the same so they have been rejected.

I think you might be able to buy these at Clubhouse Golf, they had the older models on offer, I have just bought 3 dozen B330RX

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't Slazenger do some balls that had 420 dimples?
Now that's dimplerific value....(y)

Slazenger 420 and Slazenger 480 wound Surlyn balls I can never remember which way round but one of the two you could only hit straight, try to draw or fade it and it would straighten out mid flight. The Maxfli range at the same time had 500 but shortly after them the R&A put a limit on the number of dimples allowed

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you might be able to buy these at Clubhouse Golf, they had the older models on offer, I have just bought 3 dozen B330RX

Thanks for the heads up, this is a fairly recent model and they have the same cover as the current version, which is probably what I did not like. I still have 2+ Dozen of the RX (2nd or 3rd iteration). Good price though.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never understand why people play a buy they are so worried about losing because of the cost of them.
I play Wilson DX3 urethane and generally Srixon Z-Stars. If I lose one so be it, but I shouldn't be playing the game if I'm worried about the cost of them and losing any.:)