Snowing outside

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Proper snow too, actually turning the garden white. Have just been out gritting my drive, at 9 at night, in horrid weather. Global warming my arse, it is only October.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
got onto the A1 at Stevenage heading North about 6pm, it was like driving into the starfield screensaver. 8 miles up the road and over the hill, tap turned off - nothing

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just seen a car go past the house and its got 3 inches of snow on it
:D
Where did that come from? - what we had melted on impact due to the wet ground.

Footy matches at Luton and Wycombe abandoned last night - only 15 miles away - all we really had was a bit of rain.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mega crash on the M40 - everywhere within 20 miles is jammed up. its closed both ways south of Oxford
Early on the diversion took everyone up roads that hadn't been gritted - absolute mayhem........

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Apparently the lorry has spilt it's load, which was lard. The odd thing, it was travelling south. Who in the south eats lard?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We don't. With the credit crunch we can no longer afford it.

I had expected the lorry to be heading North, followed by a van from Slough carrying Mars bars ready for deep frying.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently the lorry has spilt it's load, which was lard. The odd thing, it was travelling south. Who in the south eats lard?

What do you roast beef in then down south?

no, you've got the wrong idea. you get the lard from the beef, you don't have to put in back in.
anyway lards for frying chips.