Snooper S210 GPS

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone have one of these? I recently purchased one but i'm having issues with the rechargable batteries that came with it. Seller supplied an Ever Ready charger and two batteries, but i cannot get them to last any longer than 10 holes although shown fully charged. I bought two ordinary batteries on Monday before a tie and they lasted fine and still show full of power. i've tried two other rechargables from my house phone but they also gave out after 10 holes. So the question really is, are rechargables no use for a Snooper S210? Otherwise it's a great gadget, any help appreciated.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The batteries supplied may not have been new and already past their "half life" where the chemicals breakdown and a full charge is really only 1/2 or 1/4.
New rechargeable batteries would be my advice. Most of them come with a 1000 charge life span, but if being charged after every use then I guess they would degrade quicker.

alnecosse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought one of these but no re chargeables supplied with it, thought it would be easier just to keep in golf bag
and bought a pack of cheap batteries to put in locker at club. Battery life isn't to great with cheap batteries so used a pack of longest life batteries from sainsbury and was getting about 4 rounds before changing. Using a pack of ten batteries from poundshop i would get round ok, but never managed to complete second round with them.
So used fresh pair of batteries before each round.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try higher capacity rechargeables - 2800 NI-MH or higher.

Also - Snoopers I have had can be set to go into hibernation e.g. you don't need it on par 3s.