Snaaaaaaaaaap!!

ThatsMeInTheTrees

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi,

so had a fun day at the range trying to work on my driver started to get it going stright and far again and the i snaped my club and the head flew about 100 yards haha. anyway so it got me thinking as this is the first time this has happend to me or that i have seen i was wondering if it happended alot so thought i would ask the forum for their feedback and horror snap stories.

oh the driver was a ping si3 which i got a year ago for about £20 so not worth reshafting was looking at the cobra s2 any sugestions?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Happened once to me on the range with a Callaway X12 4 iron. What a really bizarre feeling it is isn't it? It's also happened twice to a mate of mine on the course with 3 & 4 irons from a set of Yonex.

As for drivers, Ping G10 is great and worth considering.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Cobra are doing demo days a the moment. Find the nearest one and try it.

The pro at Wellhurst has a Mizuno blah blah at the moment, but he reckons the new S2 goes miles further, so he says he's thinking of changing ( althought that could just be a selling tool )

I have to admit to trying the offset driver which helped reduce my slice.

:eek:

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have to admit to trying the offset driver which helped reduce my slice.

Not something I've ever considered or need but I know a few guys who have the same one and swear by it. From what I've seen of them using it it works too. I'll try to find out what make & model it is if you're interested?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My Launcher driver shaft snapped a few weeks ago and the head went flying around the range and hit something hard so that was a write-off. Had a 6 iron shaft snap years ago in a set of TopFlite Tour irons - they were the same as used on Tour at the time - Pro just put a new shaft in.
Had a mate who snapped the shaft on his TM Bubble Ti just after they came out and the head went flying into a large lake never to be seen again. Didn't laugh -- much!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Check out all the manufacturers websites for their demo days or try the American Golf site as they have dates where all the manufacturers are visiting their stores. TM are at my nearestone on Wednesday but fortunately for my credit card I'm on a training course until late and so can't get there

Gazzery

Club Champion
Visit site
Yea i had a 5 iron snop on me off the 4th tee, funning thing was the shot was still okish, i went about 169 yds with a nice draw lol.

Def consider an off set driver when your looking, i got a square head Callaway, and it made a big diff with me, i can kepp up with my mate whos off 12 it has cut out all the vicious slices, good luck

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i had a 5 iron snop on me off the 4th tee, funning thing was the shot was still okish, i went about 169 yds with a nice draw lol.

Yeah my mates 4 iron went about 180 straight down the middle. The head went about 160!!!!!

ThatsMeInTheTrees

Medal Winner
Visit site
thanks for the advice guys just booked my self on the cobra demo day near me so i will see how that goes, my dad has a g10 and it didn't feel right for me but he likes it. i guess the good thing is now i can finaly see if i need a stiff shaft or reg, maybe that will be worth the embaressment of having to ask the people at the range to wait while i went and collected my driver head haha. only thing left to do now is get back on the horse as i currently feel like im gonna snap every club i own when ever i play hope this doesn't lead to some psychological problems that produce some charles barkley type swing.

oh and i also hope i wont snap a club at the demo day that would be very bad lol

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi,

so had a fun day at the range trying to work on my driver started to get it going stright and far again and the i snaped my club and the head flew about 100 yards haha. anyway so it got me thinking as this is the first time this has happend to me or that i have seen i was wondering if it happended alot so thought i would ask the forum for their feedback and horror snap stories.

oh the driver was a ping si3 which i got a year ago for about £20 so not worth reshafting was looking at the cobra s2 any sugestions?

use some more punctuation?

ThatsMeInTheTrees

Medal Winner
Visit site
im sorry to see my dyslexia is a problem for you but i thought this was a relaxed friendly golf forum not a pedents playground

by the way your 17 posts suggest your even newer here than me so pointing out peoples short comings is probley not the best way to make friends

there you go a whole post with no punctuation at all just for you

SandyBalls

Club Champion
Visit site
I lost the head of my old Macgregor 5 iron on a par 3 at Bath. Ball was not too bad but the head went about 80 yards down the fairway. Unlike the tour pro's, the lorry was not in the car park waiting to replace it free of charge by the time I reached the next tee. I had to pay a few quid for my pro shop to fix it back on.