Smartwatch for golf

benjo09

Visit site
Hi all,

Just getting back into playing golf regularly for the first time in a while and am quite keen on getting a GPS watch of some kind. Can't justify having a watch just for golf so I'm looking for something that can be worn as a daily smartwatch but used for golf when needed.

HR monitor for running and some form of shot tracking capabilities would be nice but are there any particular features I should be looking for?

I also see there are a plethora of apps out there so what are people using.

I have a Google Pixel 4 phone running Android so an Apple Watch is out of the question. The Samsung Galaxy Watch Golf Edition and the Ticwatch Pro both look good to me but it seems to be a minefield of watch hardware, watch operating system, phone operating system and GPS software!

Any recommendations based on actual experience would be great! Thanks!

Sekiro

Visit site
A friend has a Garmin Watch and he was showing me all the features of it today while having a pint, if I didn’t already own an Apple Watch then I would have happily bought one as they seemed fantastic.

Mannion

Visit site
You are getting into an expensive price range when you want something that has shot tracking & HR monitor included so need to weigh up priorities.

Garmin S40 has shot tracking that automatically picks up your impact and allows you to select which club you hit, this is then recorded on their golf app. The black version looks nice as an everyday watch IMO. This doesn't come with a HR monitor though, for that you need the S62 which is £470 Vs £250 ish for S40 (at clubhouse you get some Callaway balls included with S40)

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Have a look at the shot scope V3. Does what you want minus heart rate (which can’t be used during a competitive round anyway), and can be worn as an everyday watch as well

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fenix 5 (Plus version if you want maps for navigation) is a belter, it's more a multi sports watch than a smart watch but it's a superb bit of kit, battery life is top notch as well (y)

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did a deal with my phone provider when I took out a new contract which included a Samsung galaxy smart watch. Its a great bit of kit, put the Taylor made golf app on it and you don't need to touch your phone while on the course. It works out all your distances, stats, strokes gained etc, and best of all its free.

mister v

Visit site
garmin S60 , im not sure if thats the same sort of thing as the FENIX 5 but great piece of kit, super baterry life, loads of apps and does what its supposed to.
Post back which one you went for and good luck