Slow load times

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
When using the forum it is often terminally slow, despite me having a good internet connection and bandwidth. Has this got anything to do with the 3 advertising banners on the forum website, which show 'rolling' images as opposed to static ones.
Any chance you would make these static, or at least get rid of 2 of them (they all show the same thing)?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was watching the bottom left status bit on my browser, its the actual adserver bit that seems to take a while to load. It might need a size 11.5 wide up its backside.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think I've had a page properly load up all afternoon. To the extent I've not seen my avitar or my sig photo once today.

Forget seeing smilies too. Yet I always seem to get the iritating animated adverts load... Go figure.

By the time I posted this I'm still waiting for the green stats bar to even get to 50%

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
evening all
I agree its been a real pain especially today
unfortunately its a company wide problem that we (ie GM) does suffer with more than other IPC sites. Upping server capacity is an ongoing proejct and I hope we will see an improvement soon

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not the best of welcomes if you visit the site and cant even view the forum though.

Something needs to be done, at times the site grinds to a halt and is unuseable.

Andy

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
hi all
juts a quick update on this - the intermittent slowness will likely last until mid April by when all the infrastructure stuff should be sorted
fingers crossed!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Sometimes I wish it was just slow. I've lost posts tonight due to the excessive slowness, and then IE just stopped and I had to close it. On re-opening, I can't even get the forum loaded at all for about 50% of the time.

I know it's being fixed. But I'm ticked off! Especially as I can't get out to play at the moment.

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
Its good that GM are aware of this problem and are actively taking steps to address the problem. The slow load times probably put a lot of people off posting or even joining the forum, which is a real shame.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
hi all
juts a quick update on this - the intermittent slowness will likely last until mid April by when all the infrastructure stuff should be sorted
fingers crossed!

Any word on this Mike?

It was brutal last night so much I gave up after 30 mins. Its now by mid april so just wondering?

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its taken me 10 mins or so to get to this far.
Visited other sites to see if the problem was at this end but loading other sites took no time at all.

I accept the traffic this site generates will cause problems but hopefully GM will solve the problem.