Forum speed

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Hi,

Just noticed that as the forum is more and more burdened with invasive advertising, the loading times have left the forum with the feel of the internet in the era of 56k dial up. Forums are code light and should load without a noticeable pause on modern connections but that isn't the case here.

One good example is you'll often see broken text before a quotation where the poster has started typing their reply before the quotation can load.

I know you need advertising to fund things, but couldn't they be kept to images only to keep the board fully functional?

Ta.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Is it fair to say the people running the forum have no interest in fixing this problem because the money men dictate it? If so, say so.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We are getting so few reports of problems, it’s highly likely to be down to the devices you are using or the speed of your connection.

I get the forum on both PC and WiFi and 3 / 4 G and have no issues.

So please everyone who is having problems
Post their device and connection type so we can see if there is a trend👍

Fish

Banned
Visit site
PC using XP (I know) and all is fine, no issues at all.

iPhone 6s, on it when on the road all over the country daily and no issues at all.

iPad 2 (I think), also used on the road by hot-spotting from my iPhone, no issues at all, even cut & paste all my event listings!

D

Deleted member 17920

I had it on iPad but reset the dictionary option on keyboard settings and it’s been ok since.

Try it on iPhone to see if that helps 👍

My iPhone is fine and no lag on that.