Slicing my wedges..

D

Deleted member 15344

Im now laughing my head off,you are far from an expert Homer.
We saw you mess up a 75 yard shot on Sunday where was your control then.
Seriously Homer you must be on a wind up.

Maybe Homer is more of a "academic" in regards the golf swing ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Gents
We are all handicap Golfers and have all cocked up shots we should n't have.

Homers comment was helpful and given in good grace,
He is allowed an opinion, so can we stop the sniping
Thanks

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry didn't realise not being a single figure golfer precluded me from offering an opinion

It doesn't.
What im saying is on other threads your constantly going on about how bad your game is.
How you cant chip,how you have 2 bad holes every round and then you give someone advice
that they need to have control as there hitting it to hard and to long without seeing his swing.
My suggestion is sort your own game out first then we can take you more seriously.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It doesn't.
What im saying is on other threads your constantly going on about how bad your game is.
How you cant chip,how you have 2 bad holes every round and then you give someone advice
that they need to have control as there hitting it to hard and to long without seeing his swing.
My suggestion is sort your own game out first then we can take you more seriously.

Thats a bit unfair IMO. Its possible to understand what a problem is without necessarily being proficient yourself. Some of the World's top coaches have quite high handicaps and could never get on tour themselves.

D

Deleted member 15344

Thats a bit unfair IMO. Its possible to understand what a problem is without necessarily being proficient yourself. Some of the World's top coaches have quite high handicaps and could never get on tour themselves.

Hence why I mentioned being academic

Seen Simon Holmes swing and hit a ball ?!

pingwizard

Hacker
Visit site
Any number of reasons why you would end up slicing. do you slice other clubs too?

Just my driver. I know the issue with that and when I slow my swing down to about 80% im more accurate. Bad shots are hooks at 80%, bad shots are slices at 100%. Overswinging I guess. Could be the same reason i slice my wedges.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Im not sure if its a concentration issue but im seriously slicing my 100yds in shots. Anyone have any tips?

It's actually quite difficult to truly slice a wedge. Certainly easier to slice with a 5-iron than a wedge.

Are you sure it's a slice - that curves - rather than simply a push/block - that goes right (rightee) but straight.

Slicing with a Driver is easy! :rolleyes:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good point foxholer! the longer the club the easier it should be to slice it.

My main concern would be missing with both slices and hooks. You should try a find a swing that produces the same shot shape over and over. Be it a hook or slice. whatever. At least you will only have one miss. Just an over cooked shot shape.

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
No need for that kind of attack on someone offering help and an opinion, is that really the impression we want to give to a new poster seeking help? If Homer is wrong and the guy knows he does not swing too long and fast then he can say so and seek other opinions.

I am a high handicapper but wedges are the best part of my game, I work on the dave pelz system and I have a very good idea of what a good wedge swing looks and feels like both academically and in practice. I have gone through phases where my wedge swing has got a little long and I can decelerate into the contact or fall back a little in transition. I think the problem may be getting under the ball, possibly flipping the wrists to help it in the air creating a glancing blow which is a bit off the toe and sends the ball right.

I could of course be wrong and coach and bob may well have much better and sager advice with drills and techniques to help. My suggestion is to give Dave Pelz book a try because it really is fantastic at explaining the physics of the finesse swing, highlighting the importance of practicing it and most importantly the correct wedge technique which differs from the power game.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just my driver. I know the issue with that and when I slow my swing down to about 80% im more accurate. Bad shots are hooks at 80%, bad shots are slices at 100%. Overswinging I guess. Could be the same reason i slice my wedges.

You shouldn't swing any club at 100% in my view.

80% effort into a swing is more than enough to deliver good distance and control.