slazenger black ice

bulldogoscar

Visit site
Hi
As a total beginner playing off 28 I tend to slice,hook and top balls.But today I played full round without loosing one ball (usually 6 a round).The only difference is the ball I used,slaz black ice,it seemed o fly longer and straighter than usual.Howeever I cant seem to find any online for sale.Anyone know where they can be bought from??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know its early days in your golfing career but my advice would be to look at the balls on the market and find something a bit better. The cheaper the ball the more like a stone it is to hit. Thats fine when driving but when hitting into greens (maybe not now as winter is here) you will not get any touch, feel or control. Chipping and putting will also suffer.

You will find it is not necessarily the ball that is making you drive straighter (I understand you need a ball with low spin characteristics but I'm sure other forum members are more technically astute than me) but your actual golf swing. Concentrate on getting a couple of lessons from a local pro and maybe use something like a Srixon AD333. You will soon see the benefits of the lessons and feel the quality of using better balls.

Happy golfing

Homer

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
I have one slazenger black ice in my bag but have yet to use it. Does it have a long distance and good spin. If it does, then it is the ball for me.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They are not great. The see through cover is cool. That's about it.

When you are just starting out it doesn't matter that much what ball you use. The general rule of thumb is play what you can afford to lose.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They're the glow in the dark power balls that they stopped making sometime around the time this thread was started. You probably won't find any for sale these days as they were rubbish.