Sky TV profits have clearly increased!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the new Golf Studio for 2012 is anything to go by! Pointlessly elaborate and means more time having to watch Simon Hughes and Dennis Pugh analyse the pro's swings and various shots enabling them to show off their new driving simulator! Wouldn't mind it if they paid some decent analysts to do it! At least it would seem their committed to a decent amount of golf coverage. Not surprised they're making money with the amount I pay in subscription fees! :eek:;)

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
We got rid of Sky Sports as I wasn't watching it much with the little one around to justify it, as you're mainly paying for the footy rights and I can't remember the last time I got to sit down and watch a full match.

Am really starting to miss it for the golf now the season is starting up again though......... :(

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
We got rid of Sky Sports as I wasn't watching it much with the little one around to justify it, as you're mainly paying for the footy rights and I can't remember the last time I got to sit down and watch a full match.

Am really starting to miss it for the golf now the season is starting up again though......... :(

I think I watch enough to justify the cost. It's expensive, and I am considering down grading as I have a wedding to pay for, but use it for watching golf, football and American football, so it's not like I'm needlessly shelling out money as it does get used.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched day one of the Hyundai tournament of Champions, nice course, crap field for entertainment value if you're not a yank. Didn't watch the rest, and didn't see the new studio in what I did watch.

Looking forward to the HSBC in a couple of weeks, will have a gander at the new look then

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They looked at someone's driver swing yesterday. They cut his head off, and his feet, and the club head went off screen too.

Massive improvement?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
They looked at someone's driver swing yesterday. They cut his head off, and his feet, and the club head went off screen too.

Massive improvement?

My point exactly.

They were seemingly (Dave Livingstone in particular) obsessed with Kevin Na's quirky ways too. I was flicking between the golf and the NFL Playoffs and every time I flicked over and they were in the studio, they were talking about Kevin Na.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
We're moving back to Sky (from BT) later this year.

Cannot wait, partly so I have access to Sky Sports 3 & 4 (more golf), instead of just 1 & 2, but mainly because BT Vision is toss!

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site

Thats the reason we've dumped the Sports just now - I was only really watching the golf!

I wish they had a cheaper option of a Sky Golf channel, perhaps an extra £10 or so, with all Golf coverage on that! Would be good if you could pick and choose your sports a little!

SirSliceAlot

Club Champion
Visit site
I know what you mean about the budget, but I am not surprised after how much we all pay per month for a subscription, I am currently paying just over £500 a year for a tv package only! I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of Sky but (sad as it is) realistically I know it won't happen because I could not live without Sky Sports golf, boxing, darts and football coverage.

Out of interest what does everyone else pay, do you think its value for money and could you live without it?

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
At the moment, I'm paying around £360 per year on Sky. I'm also going to pick and choose the months I have Sky Sports (Masters, US Open & PGA) - The Open is normally on BBC!?!?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
the Majors in High Definition- especially the Masters and the OPEN is worth the cost to me, especially when you think 4 days at this years Open is £240:eek: so relatively speaking THAT alone makes it worthwhile.

Is it expensive to pay a few hundred pounds a year to have every Major and all the other PGA and European tour events beamed to your living room in High Definition. On top of that you get all the football games north and South, loads of other sports as well, Olympics anyone.

Disclaimer, I don't work for Sky or have any interest in them, plus I find their customer service appalling and considered dumping them a few times but they are the best of a bad bunch just now.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
So what is the minimum package anyone would look for to make sure they dont miss the golf.

Personally Tommo, I'll be taking the full package (All channels) but in standard definition.

BT Vision is basically freeview with the option to pay for Sky sports 1 & 2.