Sky caddie SG4 - Tryed and Tested Review within

fairmorn308

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Evening all

My local proshop is selling the skycaddies and i was talking to the pro about them etc and he told me he charges £5 a round for members to have a shot. I though that was very cheap and took him up on the offer to see what there really like.

Well due to them being banned at my local course there not allowed to be used in our 36 hole open 2mo so i went out on the front nine this even to try this gadget out and am well impressed i took longer than normal to play 9 holes but i was out with the note book and pen about 3 times a hole makes notes of yardages of the holes.

Gives you the yardage to front / middle and back of green which is really good. Also if your course etc is a wee bit open and you end up pulling / pushing your driving onto the other fairway it still gives you the exact distance to green which is really good. The 150 markers on the course and nearly spot on but i was really take note of places where i normally drive and within 150 yards.

Great bit of kit but going to look into it a bit more as there is a few question i would like answered before i decide to buy one.

fairmorn308

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got one answered from the pro 2day

I asked what if you goto a course you have never played etc how do you upload the info and he told me ur can pay a yearly fee which will allows u to download hundreds of courses etc.

Also can it be used on a practice ground? ie to work out your yardages

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Basically you pay an annual fee (approx £30 per year for UK access and a bit more if you play abroad and want to be able to load overseas courses). This gives you access to the entire SC catalogue of course. It is very easy to download. You just pick your course, put the connection into the back of the PC (same port as your webcam etc) and into your SC, click yes to confirm and within 60 seconds it is on the machine.

SC5 can hold 5 courses on the machine but you can hold up to 10 at any one time on your user profile and it is easy enough to remove courses as well

The SC5 is great for measuring distances and I have found it a godsend for getting to learn EXACTLY how far I actually hit each club both into and downwind (the variance in distance on the same day and same windspeed was noticeable). By making a note of these in my course planner and by writing various distances over and above those already in my planner I have a complete yardage guide to use quite legitimately in club comps when SC's are banned