Sir Nigel Farage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If you can stem the increase or even reduce population then you reduce demand such that reduced growth is not a problem. The cake stays the same size but less people want a slice.

Stem the increase from the EU that'll be - when at the same time have to accept an increase from Commonwealth and other non-EU countries as part of the new Trade Deals we strike with them. Yup - it's all going to work just fine this immigration control. Especially as the back door called the Irish border will remain open. Ah let's not worry about hat - a solution will be found.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Stem the increase from the EU that'll be - when at the same time have to accept an increase from Commonwealth and other non-EU countries as part of the new Trade Deals we strike with them. Yup - it's all going to work just fine this immigration control. Especially as the back door called the Irish border will remain open. Ah let's not worry about hat - a solution will be found.

Yes...200 million Chinese will suddenly show up in Torquay! Very very different situation.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes...200 million Chinese will suddenly show up in Torquay! Very very different situation.

Indeed - we won't be able to blame EU Freedom of Movement.

And they'll be arriving at Cairnryan, Douglas and Liverpool. Of course NI could become home to huge internment camps holding thousands of illegal immigrants crossing the Irish border in NI from the EU. The Irish PM has already said he's not in the business of make the UK's job of sorting out the border issue any easier. His job is to get the best solution for Ireland.

All pure speculation I agree - I have no idea what the heck's going to be done about the Ireland/NI border - but neither it seems does anyone in government.

BTW - in Strategic Defence scenario modelling I took part in in the late 1980s/early 90s, one of the biggest threats to European and Western stability was mass migration of Chinese males - principally due to a lack of females in China. So yet to come to pass.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
On Farage - there he was last night scoffing at wee Ruthie when Scottish Tory Party office refused to discuss with him what she'd said earlier about May rethinking her immigration policy and target.

Oh I do wish she'd take him on - she'd chew him up and spit him out.

Visit site
On Farage - there he was last night scoffing at wee Ruthie when Scottish Tory Party office refused to discuss with him what she'd said earlier about May rethinking her immigration policy and target.

Oh I do wish she'd take him on - she'd chew him up and spit him out.

Perhaps, but then again he is a slipperly one ol nigel. He knows his audience, and also he relies on engagement to lend his posistion legitamacy, as he doesn't need to have a policy platform as such other than the EU is akin to a cross between Scrooge McDuck and Stalin.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ireland will not want anything to happen that affects trade with it's largest trading partner. Only the EU makes free movement a part of a trading deal and even they dont do it with countries like Canada, Australia and so on. A solution will indeed be found.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh dear Nigel - you just couldn't help yourself turning the UKs response to the devastation wrought on British Overseas Territories by Hurricane Irma into a rant against the EU and Foreign Aid. You whinge on as if the only source of funding the UK has for providing aid to the BOT is the Foreign Aid Budget. Are these places British or are they Foreign. They are British. No? They are not Foreign?

If devastation was wrought on an area of Cornwall would we turn to the Foreign Aid Budget for the funding to help the area recover? If the FAB rules for use of the FAB that we have signed up to tell us we can't use it for Cornwall would we say - tough Cornwall - can't help - bleedin' EU stopping us. Of course we wouldn't.

The BOT are not poor in comparison with the areas of the world that the FAB is aimed at. They might be relatively poor compared with the UK - but if they are poor then maybe as British territories we should do more for them - should have been doing more for them. The Foreign Secretary should just go to his boss and ask her to shake the money tree from which £1bn fell for the DUP to invest in NI. How about the same for BOT. It's clearly easily done.

Leave the FAB alone - that is committed or will be committed to support and aid the truly impoverished people of this world. I'd much rather £1bn going to the BOT than the DUP.

So please Nigel - stop fomenting such anger and resentment over this - it does none of us any good whatsoever - simply makes for a more unhappy, bitter, fractured, and fractious country. We really don't need it at the moment.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Oh dear Nigel - you just couldn't help yourself turning the UKs response to the devastation wrought on British Overseas Territories by Hurricane Irma into a rant against the EU and Foreign Aid. You whinge on as if the only source of funding the UK has for providing aid to the BOT is the Foreign Aid Budget. Are these places British or are they Foreign. They are British. No? They are not Foreign?

If devastation was wrought on an area of Cornwall would we turn to the Foreign Aid Budget for the funding to help the area recover? If the FAB rules for use of the FAB that we have signed up to tell us we can't use it for Cornwall would we say - tough Cornwall - can't help - bleedin' EU stopping us. Of course we wouldn't.

The BOT are not poor in comparison with the areas of the world that the FAB is aimed at. They might be relatively poor compared with the UK - but if they are poor then maybe as British territories we should do more for them - should have been doing more for them. The Foreign Secretary should just go to his boss and ask her to shake the money tree from which £1bn fell for the DUP to invest in NI. How about the same for BOT. It's clearly easily done.

Leave the FAB alone - that is committed or will be committed to support and aid the truly impoverished people of this world. I'd much rather £1bn going to the BOT than the DUP.

So please Nigel - stop fomenting such anger and resentment over this - it does none of us any good whatsoever - simply makes for a more unhappy, bitter, fractured, and fractious country. We really don't need it at the moment.

Unfortunately inducing anger, fear and resentment, usually towards some perceived enemy, is a tactic used by a great deal of politicians, organisations, individuals and strands of the media to forwards their own agendas. It sells papers, gets clicks and gets votes.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Well its clear that Farage certainly pulls your chain - often, I fear, making you miss the core of what he says. I agree he gets wound up and he likes to wind up the EU.

You might want to tell the residents of the BVI who had nothing and now have even less that, like others in the BOT, their not poor - whatever that means.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well its clear that Farage certainly pulls your chain - often, I fear, making you miss the core of what he says. I agree he gets wound up and he likes to wind up the EU.

You might want to tell the residents of the BVI who had nothing and now have even less that, like others in the BOT, their not poor - whatever that means.

The core of what he was saying seemed to be using the devastation of the BVI as a means of getting at the Foreign/Overseas Aid Budget - and then at the OECD rules that stop the UK using it as a source of aid to the BVI - with mention of the EU as well as the OECD rules - just to plant that thought.

Surely the issue for the residents of the BVI is not so much their relative poverty - but that they've had their homes, shops, businesses and infrastructure smashed to bits. We in the UK would have the same issues were it to happen to us - regardless of our individual wealth.

And I am just not buying May saying that the UK could provide more than the £57m it already has were it not for the OECD rules - and so the rules should be changed. She seemed to be able to find £1bn quick enough as a bung to buy the support of the DUP. Or am I missing something.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
oh dear Nigel - isn't it tedious when this evening you got callers phoning in to your LBC radio show who actually know what they are talking about - and as these mostly seem to be anti-Brexit and highly critical of you you have no choice - absolutely no choice - you have to talk over them - nay shout over them - to avoid your listeners hearing a different view of the post-Brexit UK world than that you peddle. So tedious are those Remoaning anti-Democtratic traitors...love it...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh for goodness sake Farage - your man in the WH is in a bit of trouble and so you get Sebastian Gorka as first contributor to your show on LBC tonight to bolster yer man and throw dirt at Hillary Clinton. And so he does and you proceed to follow him down the 'attack Clinton'; attack Comey route; and the Elite Conspiracy/Old Boy Network to divert attention from Trump and your own sycophantic slavering over him. Sad , sad, sad.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oh for goodness sake Farage - your man in the WH is in a bit of trouble and so you get Sebastian Gorka as first contributor to your show on LBC tonight to bolster yer man and throw dirt at Hillary Clinton. And so he does and you proceed to follow him down the 'attack Clinton'; attack Comey route; and the Elite Conspiracy/Old Boy Network to divert attention from Trump and your own sycophantic slavering over him. Sad , sad, sad.

Didn't know young Nige was a Forum member - can't wait to read his response; I won't hold my breath!

Status
Not open for further replies.