Silloth Pairs Open: score predictions

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Dannyc and I are playing in the above today.

A prize for the person closest to guessing our winning score is on offer*. If it helps, neither of us have played it before! ?

Wish us luck!

*Ts&Cs:
  • Prize is subject to availability.
  • Winner must be able to travel to Bratty's home club to pick up the prize.
  • Members of the Golf Monthly Forum, their friends and family or anyone who knows them are ineligible.
  • @Oddsocks and @Dando are always ineligible.
  • Bratty has the right to withdraw the prize at any time.

evemccc

Visit site
Super course, 3rd hole is superb, also like the 7-9 stretch, 11th and 17th+18th a lot too…but honestly, it’s a perfect golf club….good food, not expensive or pretentious and good conditioning ??

D

Deleted member 3432

I've just woken up off nites, 20 miles down the coast the weather is perfect.

Judging by the trees at the bottom of my garden it will be as flat calm as it gets at Silloth.

Couldn't have picked a better day to play Silloth ??

Bratty

Visit site
@Dannyc and I finished on 39 points, which we thought was pretty good considering it's our first time playing the course... and playing together!
Danny got a 2 on the 16th from at least 25 foot, but no-one had told us there had been a twos pot when we signed in, so he was rather frustrated!
Great day and a fabulous course. Got paired with a father and son, both members, which helped a lot! I would recommend everyone comes and plays this course once in their lifetime. It's amazing.
I had 59 pouts, @Dando!

Dannyc

Visit site
@Dannyc and I finished on 39 points, which we thought was pretty good considering it's our first time playing the course... and playing together!
Danny got a 2 on the 16th from at least 25 foot, but no-one had told us there had been a twos pot when we signed in, so he was rather frustrated!
Great day and a fabulous course. Got paired with a father and son, both members, which helped a lot! I would recommend everyone comes and plays this course once in their lifetime. It's amazing.
I had 59 pouts, @Dando!
Very good day mate so glad I jumped on ?
What a great course that is absolute bargain for 35quid I’m so jealous of our playing partners living close to that place defo do it again mate

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I had 59 pouts, @Dando!

Beat my partner and i then, we finished on 38 with 3 blobs ?‍♂️ it was very much feast or famine out there for us.

After playing the first 4 holes in still conditions the wind picked up and was brutal (relatively speaking) by the 9th.

I managed to play to handicap and actually had my lowest ever 9 hole score on the back 9! Personal highlight being a 5 on the SI1 13th and a birdie on the 17th. It has to be said the back 9 was far easier with the wind at our backs.

Every time I play that place I fall more and more in love with it. We stood on the second tee looking out across it all and said "its absolutely incredible to think there are 18 holes of a golf course in there"

Its utterly brilliant.

D

Deleted member 3432

That looks a bit greener than I thought it would.
Ours looks like a brown grass course atm.
Top notch course ,just a bit out the way but worth the journey.

It's been wet up here the ladt couple of weeks so has greened up.

Should turn brown again this week, much prefer it bone dry when it's becomes very difficult.

I don't know why everyone says it's out of the way?

Bratty

Visit site
It's been wet up here the ladt couple of weeks so has greened up.

Should turn brown again this week, much prefer it bone dry when it's becomes very difficult.

I don't know why everyone says it's out of the way?
I guess it depends where you're going afterwards!
It's a perfect pit stop on the way to Scotland from the South West for sure! Anyone thinking of heading over the invisible (and artificial) border would be well served making it the first round of the trip. You can see Scotland from the tee boxes for goodness sake!
p.s. I found it plenty difficult yesterday!