Shotscope v3

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Been seeing lots about the shot scope v3 watches lately .

anyone using the shotscope v3 /v2 ?they found it’s helped them improve ?whats people thoughts on them thanks in advance

Last edited:

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
My playing partner has V2 and likes it. I have resisted in the past due to the watch size, so was interested in the new V3. However, having read some threads on Golf WRX loads on there are reporting issues over missing shots, odd distances etc, saying it is worse than the V2, so i won't be pulling the trigger on one for now.
Also they claim the GPS is accurate to 30cm, but seems that relies on certain satellites that aren't in the sky in most places yet.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought the V2 and had little problem with the size of the watch or its abilities to measure front, middle or back but the first set of screw in devices barely worked and when they replaced them, they did work a bit better, but when I complained about the lack of recorded shots with the new ones I was told I need to swish the clubs round more and take more practice swings -??

That's when I gave up on them

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a V2 and have used it as both a GPS watch and a performance tracker.

It's fine as a GPS watch and as I've never owned another I checked it using a laser and it appeared accurate.

I really bought it to check real yardages for my clubs (vs trackman / range yardages). It works well most of the time and hasn't missed many shots for me. However, the putting statistics are weak in my opinion and despite tagging the hole the resulting lengths of puts recorded are so bad they are basically useless.

For the price a terrific piece of kit and the post-sales service is first class. On the negative side the need to keep synching the watch for course updates is a pain - I gather they have fixed this on the V3.