Shotscope V3 and phone companion app

albie999

Visit site
For people who have and used the ShotScope V3 watch, can you advise if you can also have open at the same time, a phone companion app, so that you can see a map view of the hole

I currently use game golf to track my shots, and have Hole 19 open on the phone, to see the map. I know the watch has a screen, and shows some info, but I like the idea of also having a map available on the phone screen

TheBlackCat

Hacker
Visit site
The Shotscope V3 watch acts as a standalone GPS and shot tracker when you use it on the course. It does not have to connect to your phone when you are using it. When you get back from the course, you connect the watch to the app on the phone to upload data for the round. Hope that helps.

albie999

Visit site
The Shotscope V3 watch acts as a standalone GPS and shot tracker when you use it on the course. It does not have to connect to your phone when you are using it. When you get back from the course, you connect the watch to the app on the phone to upload data for the round. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info, I like how it just sits in the background ... I was hoping there was also an app on the phone, that could be opened at the same time, that would give me a map view of what is going on (as well as the display on the watch), just like with game golf, arcos, hole 19 etc. It is nice to be able to see the whole hole. Perhaps I will just need to get the V3 and still have Hole19 open, for the visual (unless they might add it)

For those who have the V3 ... has it been pretty solid in use so far?

Stealthdrawer

Visit site
Hi I bought one when they were on offer last year but it never worked properly, may have been software issue on some of the first batch??
I was sent a replacement and I've used it 3 times in the last week and it's been perfect, so I would recommend it, the only slight issue is the wrist strap is a touch fiddly and the end of the strap can unhook if it slides and catches on something,
Cheers sd

yandabrown

Visit site
Hi I bought one when they were on offer last year but it never worked properly, may have been software issue on some of the first batch??
I was sent a replacement and I've used it 3 times in the last week and it's been perfect, so I would recommend it, the only slight issue is the wrist strap is a touch fiddly and the end of the strap can unhook if it slides and catches on something,
Cheers sd
Try a little PVC rubber retaining loop from eBay, about £3, get the 26mm one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133318551234

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
For people who have and used the ShotScope V3 watch, can you advise if you can also have open at the same time, a phone companion app, so that you can see a map view of the hole

I currently use game golf to track my shots, and have Hole 19 open on the phone, to see the map. I know the watch has a screen, and shows some info, but I like the idea of also having a map available on the phone screen
I Use shot scope as normal and 18 birdies on my trolley for the full map layout and score card as a back up to anything shot scope might have missed, both work independently of each other and don't interfere either, I like it for courses IV never played