Shot tracking software

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting back into some kind of shot tracking set up now Game Golf is apparently up and running again. I like the online community bit where you have different challenges and can compare parts of your game with other users. But what other systems do people use/ recommend? I'd quite like something that works on a smart watch/tag as i cant be bothered farting around with a phone every shot

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Shotscope is good but has a drawback or 2..
It doesn't seem to like you not taking practice swings and the buttons for registering putts can be a pain if you have a long sleeve top on or a poor memory..
Arccos is good but it costs....100 quid a year and I found the "Link" needs to be on the outside of any clothing to work and then I was afraid of losing it.
Sadly neither work well around my course as the GPS seems to drop out from time to time and the units reset....
So they missed a lot of shots and I spent as much time editing as I did playing...
I've cured myself of the need for stats as a result.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It doesn't seem to like you not taking practice swings and the buttons for registering putts can be a pain if you have a long sleeve top on or a poor memory..
Arccos is good but it costs....100 quid a year and I found the "Link" needs to be on the outside of any clothing to work and then I was afraid of losing it.
Sadly neither work well around my course as the GPS seems to drop out from time to time and the units reset....
So they missed a lot of shots and I spent as much time editing as I did playing...
How does shotscope pick up your club? Tags or some other way?

Boomy

Visit site
I use the Garmin CT10 sensors. They work well, screw into the butt of the grip and connect with my Garmin watch. Does what it says on the tin and has only missed a couple of shots out of the 1000’s I’ve hit.

YandaB

Visit site
How does shotscope pick up your club? Tags or some other way?
Yes, there are tags on each club, the watch strap become an antenna which will pick them up and register where you are on the course and log it. Game golf has active tags with power in them (replaceable batteries now I believe) doing a similar thing.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi - I use the Garmin Music Vivoactive Watch. It links to the Garmin Golf and can be set up to auto-track your shots. It misses the odd one but you can manually enter after if you want. I paid about £150 for it and would highly recommend. As the name implies you can also store music or poscasts directly onto it. It's Golf GPS is really accurate and as well as standard yardages it also gives yardages to bunkers, water etc.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've just got a Shotscope and first impressions are good. It picks up the club you're using pretty quickly and the latest firmware means that it shows what club you have in your hand on the watch face. Very easy to use and if any shots are missed, you can add them on afterwards on the app.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I have also just got the ShotScope V3 and I really like it. The watch is quite unobtrusive when I swing, but still readable even without my glasses. Only thing besides having to remember to hit the button corresponding to the putts when I get to the flag, is adding penalty & provisional shots during the round (I usually forget) but these are easily fixed in post round editing

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I had the same experience and was told by Shotscope to take more practice swings and swish the clubs by the ball more. I dont play that way and as soon as you're altering and amending the data a day or so later then it's not accurate and a waste of time - and money!