Shot Shape....

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hey Guys ,
I know this might be a hard question to answer without seein my swing mechanics but can someone plase explain the difference of a fade a slice a hook a pull a push a soft fade etc. etc. etc a draw which i kind know.....i think my natural shot is a slight fade but i dont know how to tell????????????????? :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
A slight fade starts pretty straight and just tails off to the right a few yards, a slight draw would move a few yards left.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Push - A ball whose flight path is straight, with negligible sidespin, that ends up right of the target.

Pull - A ball whose flight path is straight, with negligible sidespin, that ends up left of the target.

Fade - A straight shot with <u>slight</u> sidespin, such that there is slight but noticible left to right travel by the ball at the end of its flight.

Draw - A straight shot with <u>slight</u> sidespin, such that there is slight but noticible right to left travel by the ball at the end of its flight.

Slice - A shot with severe sidespin, such that there is noticible curving from left to right.

Hook - A shot with severe sidespin, such that there is noticible curving from right to left.

as to why, I'll leave to others better qualified

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Roughly speaking, the initial path of travel is similar to the club head path. The final destination depends on the face angle too.

Therefore a slice, starting left and curving right is invariably caused by an outside to in swing, often 'over the top', with an open face.

People think a fade is a mild slice, but they are really different beasts. When Jack Nicklaus faded the ball, he had a slightly open club face and an inside to square to inside swing path.