Shot Scope V5

BillyGolf

Visit site
Received an email today from Shot Scope advertising the new launch of the V5 watch for £199.99.

Tempted but after hearing the negative reviews on the X5 from launch, will most likely wait for full reviews to be released.

Anybody purchasing?

sjw

Visit site
Having just bought an X5, no. I've only had a couple of outings with the X5. I kind of wish it had a couple of extra buttons, so 3 buttons and the crown. However, the touch screen/crown is useful for some of the functionality. So either than functionality isn't going to be on the V5, or it's going to be clunky to navigate with just four buttons. Three buttons for shortcuts and the crown, with the touchscreen, would've been ideal.

Teebs

Visit site
The X5 was a sham from the start, sold mine in the end.

Don't believe any of the reviews. They use a bunch of influencers, paid reviewers etc to give them a glowing review (even the X5 where the touchscreen was almost unusable)

When they work, the data and insight is great.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was just watching a data analysis video but I kind of thought that perhaps this isn’t too relevant.
When I play shots I play full and knock downs and I have various knock downs giving me a dispersion in distance anything from 10 to 40 yards .. I just wonder if it dumps that in all the stats?
…and I haven’t even got to back foot hooks and slaps or that shot that was what ever it decided it wanted to be, but not the one I intended..

The positive though is yes driving distance is important but you don’t have to be silly long and you can still be a scratcher with a swing speed between 90-100mph.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I've had a V2 (obsolete) V3 (RFID in strap broke and couldn't be replaced) an X5 (too fiddly) and now have an H4.
Out of all of them, the H4 is probably the best, and most accurate once you get into the habit of tagging every shot.

If I hadn't got the H4, I probably would have got the V5. It looks smart and obviously has a more modern feel than the V3, and the strap looks stronger.

One thing I find strange is, as far as I remember, there was no warning that the V5 was coming. It was suddenly announced it was coming the next day.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Received an email today from Shot Scope advertising the new launch of the V5 watch for £199.99.

Tempted but after hearing the negative reviews on the X5 from launch, will most likely wait for full reviews to be released.

Anybody purchasing?
the X5 is excellent now and given its mainly a step down in hardware such as no touch screen, I’d expect the V5 to be good from the off.

The X5 issues you’ll have read were solved pretty quickly. It was almost to quick out on the market and given v3 users were paying £180 for the x5 it suggest we were almost a beta test group. They just didn’t tell us that.

Springveldt

Visit site
I've had a V2 (obsolete) V3 (RFID in strap broke and couldn't be replaced) an X5 (too fiddly) and now have an H4.
Out of all of them, the H4 is probably the best, and most accurate once you get into the habit of tagging every shot.

If I hadn't got the H4, I probably would have got the V5. It looks smart and obviously has a more modern feel than the V3, and the strap looks stronger.

One thing I find strange is, as far as I remember, there was no warning that the V5 was coming. It was suddenly announced it was coming the next day.
I’m on my 3rd strap with the V3, why couldn’t yours be replaced?

I think my problem is I’ve got big wrists and the strap is stretched on me, even on the largest setting.

As for V5, I won’t be upgrading as I don’t really have a need to. The V3 does everything I need it to.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wouldnt touch one until its out for a year or so, and other real people are giving feedback. Reviews arent reviews - they are repackaged adverts.

V3 is model to get.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I’m on my 3rd strap with the V3, why couldn’t yours be replaced?

I think my problem is I’ve got big wrists and the strap is stretched on me, even on the largest setting.

As for V5, I won’t be upgrading as I don’t really have a need to. The V3 does everything I need it to
My strap packed up in December. I went to purchase a new one, but they were out of stock and they told me they would not be stocking them anymore.
They offered me an H4 at a discount, so I opted to get one.

Springveldt

Visit site
My strap packed up in December. I went to purchase a new one, but they were out of stock and they told me they would not be stocking them anymore.
They offered me an H4 at a discount, so I opted to get one.
Just had a look and it's "out of stock" and you also can't buy a V3 anymore either as they aren't even available on the website. Looks like the next time the strap goes (and I'm on my 3rd stap in 3 years and only wear the watch while playing golf) I need to chuck the watch and the tags in the bin and buy a new V5?

I guess that's one way of not having a subscription model, just stop selling the older stuff and force people to upgrade when it inevitably breaks.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Just had a look and it's "out of stock" and you also can't buy a V3 anymore either as they aren't even available on the website. Looks like the next time the strap goes (and I'm on my 3rd stap in 3 years and only wear the watch while playing golf) I need to chuck the watch and the tags in the bin and buy a new V5?

I guess that's one way of not having a subscription model, just stop selling the older stuff and force people to upgrade when it inevitably breaks.

I don't even know why they still advertise the strap on the website any more. It just makes you think they'll be coming back into stock at some stage.

If you were to get a V5, I would keep using the V3 tags as long as possible. It will increase the longevity of the V5 and make it more saleable, when you replace it with the next version.

sjw

Visit site
I don't even know why they still advertise the strap on the website any more. It just makes you think they'll be coming back into stock at some stage.

If you were to get a V5, I would keep using the V3 tags as long as possible. It will increase the longevity of the V5 and make it more saleable, when you replace it with the next version.
The straps were in stock, like, a couple of weeks ago, weren't they?