sorry for the delay

lucky three are
Drive4show
IainP
Butchercd

thanks to all who put themselves forward

D

Deleted Member 1156

Cheers Mike, who is responsible for booking the weather, will that be you or the PGA? :D

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Enjoy the day chaps ,looks like it could be a good one .

Can i put myself up for a late call should one of the lucky three cant make for some reason.
iwill be reachable by email until 10pm on the tuesday

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Enjoy the day chaps ,looks like it could be a good one .

Can i put myself up for a late call should one of the lucky three cant make for some reason.
iwill be reachable by email until 10pm on the tuesday

You can get me up to midnight...:thup:

The alternative now appears to be scarifying the lawn.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks Mike / GM / PGA, really looking forward to this.

Chance to see D4S's driving first hand also :thup: and meet Butchercd.

Now which way around the M25 to go.....and what time to leave. :)

BubbaP

Visit site
You want me to pick you up and chauffeur you there?? :eek

Actually the car repair place phoned me last night to see if they could collect car on 21st (see random irritations thread), so yes please a chauffeur would be spot on ��
Failing that how about driving the buggy?

BubbaP

Visit site
What great late September weather!
The three of us 'forummers' had not played a pro-am before, our pro for the day was Andy Raitt. What a great guy, made us all feel comfortable and ensured we had an enjoyable day. Was interesting spending a few mins on the internet (winding down after traveling back) looking over what he had been up to over the years after chatting to him.

Can only be positive on the organisation, hospitality, course condition and the day overall. Andy made a great start and had a decent score going but let a few go later. Was great seeing some of his drives and all round play. The rest of us had our moments but I, and probably all, felt could have scored better overall. As with team comps it often comes down to the dovetailing working out, we had some holes where we all scored well and some where we all struggled, we finished out of the places but respectable.

They had the electronic score entries on a handset, and great GPS/map tech in the buggies, although the buggies were a pain at times where the rough boundaries had been changed and they would stop when driving over short grass. Still it added to the laughs. Great to meet some more from the forum. Thanks for the company and again thanks to GM/Mike/PGA etc for the opportunity.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yep, really great day out so many thanks Mike and GM for giving us the opportunity :thup:

As Ian said, we didn't shoot the lights out but great to play with Andy who is a former Tour player and just watch how he went about his business. He really did make us feel welcome and I offered to give him a few tips on the short game ;)

Also good to meet Ian and Chris (butchercd) for the first time, another 2 forummers that will be sure to avoid me in future :eek:

Really fun day out and a decent course with great greens, thanks everybody :)