short iron distance

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't hit the ball very far, but yesterday in near perfect conditions I was shorter than normal, can anyone give advice.

I have slowed my backswing down to keep control of the club, it works in a sense as to keep the ball a lot straighter but I seem to have lost almost 10yards with my PW.

Could I be too wristy, and if so how can I tell?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't hit the ball very far, but yesterday in near perfect conditions I was shorter than normal, can anyone give advice.

I have slowed my backswing down to keep control of the club, it works in a sense as to keep the ball a lot straighter but I seem to have lost almost 10yards with my PW.

Could I be too wristy, and if so how can I tell?

Surely thats a good thing,i think everyone on here would give up 10 yrds for accuracy,in fact i could hit my wedge 15-20 yrds further if i wanted,however i only take a 3/4 swing which helps.My advice stick with it,anything over a 100 yrds with a wedge is ok especially if its accurate

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Previously i reckon I was getting 100-105 yards with a PW, yesterday I was getting less than 95.

Although disappointed with the loss of distance I am happier that the ball is now going straighter. I'm starting too think if I can keep the ball on the fairway my scores will start dropping.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Previously i reckon I was getting 100-105 yards with a PW, yesterday I was getting less than 95.

Although disappointed with the loss of distance I am happier that the ball is now going straighter. I'm starting too think if I can keep the ball on the fairway my scores will start dropping.

Thats a guarantee :D