Short game drills

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Af'noon Gents (and Ladies).

Can the esteemed golfers of this 'ere forum recommend me some short game drills to be doing.

I'm planning on spending the next couple of weeks heavily working on my short game when I can to try and get some consistency in my short game for the first time ever.

The club I use for "practicing" (i.e. the range) has a putting green I can use (which is a given) but no short game facility, only a driving range, so if you can recommend some driving range short game drills, that would be marvellous.

Similarly, my home club has a short game area which consists of a rough grassy area of 40(ish) yards in length with one flag to hit to. Not ideal for guaging accurate pitch/chip shots onto a green.

They also have a practice green which isn't supposed to be used for chipping, but people use it, so could probably get away with it so round the green drills would be great as well as if I can't use them on here, I'll go onto the course in the evening when it's quiet and pick a hole to practice around (I've seen others do this, so should be ok).

I know that I can just hit balls into a green, but looks for a bit of direction to make sure I'm practicing the right stuff.

Cheers in advance. :)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi john
Obviously you could be doing or have done this in the past,but a short game routine i do is chipping around the green but with different clubs.
Gaging how far each club runs after it hits the green,do it uphill,downhill and straight,you will definately improve your short game this way.
Use the balls you play with on the course,no point doing it with balls you never play with.
Dont just use perfect lies either,use lies you come across daily when you play,find out what club works best in these lies,one last thing,dont forget your v-easy