Shipping from States - help

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’d like to buy a bulk load of golf gloves that have good reviews from the states.

However, they only ship to the US.

Hoping someone could help me out and be the middle man for me to send the gloves to them, for them to forward them on

Not sure whose on here from the states? Or does anyone have a concract.

Would only be about 50 gloves so not a big package

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You used to get remailing companies that would do this for you. Been years since I used one for some electronics that only shipped to US states but always worked well.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Is it really worth the hassle - for gloves?

I certainly wouldn't be bothered unless it was something rare/unique/bargain - as I have done in the past. But gloves?!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I’d like to buy a bulk load of golf gloves that have good reviews from the states.

However, they only ship to the US.

Hoping someone could help me out and be the middle man for me to send the gloves to them, for them to forward them on

Not sure whose on here from the states? Or does anyone have a concract.

Would only be about 50 gloves so not a big package
Topoftheflop’s mate James, played at Sunningdale, lives in the US.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The charges in the UK are a nightmare. Wife orders gym gear from the US and always gets stung with at least £25 in charges from the post office

AdamC28

Visit site
The charges in the UK are a nightmare. Wife orders gym gear from the US and always gets stung with at least £25 in charges from the post office

Why’s it a nightmare? If buying goods from outside the EU you will need to pay VAT on anything over £39, and VAT and & Customs Duty on anything over £135. An £8 handling fee is also applied to all items. These charges are applied by HMRC, not the post office. It’s easy enough to work out the total cost of any item bought.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why’s it a nightmare? If buying goods from outside the EU you will need to pay VAT on anything over £39, and VAT and & Customs Duty on anything over £135. An £8 handling fee is also applied to all items. These charges are applied by HMRC, not the post office. It’s easy enough to work out the total cost of any item bought.

Tell 'em to put them down as a "gift".

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site

The tax might be fair and understandable, but there's no need for the condescending post.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's pot luck a lot of time. In last 6 months I've had customs and a fee to pay on 4 out of the 6 packages from USA.

Literally just had $100 of NLU stuff arrive today with no other fees involved. Frustrating to know why the difference between deliveries but I always order expecting (and factoring in) the import duties. If I get lucky and miss them that's an unexpected bonus.