Shermans....... A man in need of help!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well just one is pretty much spot on with he's diagnosis, I hit the range Tuesday night and my old pro had a quick look,

Grip - slightly slight strong with left hand but nothing major
Back swing - ever so slightly flat but neutral at the top

Cue problems - apparently my hip turn is a little late which forces the hands to leave the body, he got me back about an inch further from the ball which gave me a bit more room. A good drill was to set up two balls, one outside and one inside, set up to the ball further away but hit the ball on the inside, 30 balls later things felt alot better.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ok if that works, i am still sure your weight was badly balanced and you were leaning on your toes at impact

Hope things improve if not sack that golf pro !

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Octagon said:
The shermans come from a closed club face not open.

I dont think so! Address an iron behind the ball then twist the face open. See how the hozel is closing on the ball. Now twist it shut, the hozel is now moving away from it. The main problem is where the clubface is cutting across the ball from out to in and if the clubface is open then it's Armatige City!!!

The majority of shanks DO come with a closed clubface because the majority of golfers swing out-to-in (with the clubface pointing left of target) although, that said, the clubface isn't the cause.... the club moving away (outwards) from the intended downward path is the cause.