Shafts - Project x IO 6.0 vs nippon modus 105 Stiff

Jimthegrin81

Visit site
Hi Forum
I’ve been playing for the last 5 years with G410 irons with nippon modus 105 stiff shafts. Just got my handicap down to single figure's so I’ve tried and loved the i230 irons with the same shaft. I’ve just seen the same irons but with project x IO 6.0 shafts in near new condition for half the price. What would be the fundamental difference between these two shafts?
Thanks Jim

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the major differences is that the Project X is an ascending weight shaft whereas the modus (assuming modus 3) is a constant weight shaft
Ascending weight shafts are supposed to give a different trajectory club to club.

I have used AMT shafts in the past (TT AST white) but currently use the modus but have noticed the extra height in the short clubs in comparison (not with the same heads).

alex777

Visit site
Hi Forum
I’ve been playing for the last 5 years with G410 irons with nippon modus 105 stiff shafts. Just got my handicap down to single figure's so I’ve tried and loved the i230 irons with the same shaft. I’ve just seen the same irons but with project x IO 6.0 shafts in near new condition for half the price. What would be the fundamental difference between these two shafts?
Thanks Jim
Congrats on breaking into single figures, Jim!

Modus 105 is smooth and precise, while Project X IO 6.0 is firmer and more penetrating. Try them out and see which feel you prefer!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I just got fitted into modus 105 regular from KBS C Taper lite 110g stiff, and my swing is night and day more repeatable (poor but repeatable! 🤣) with them.

Jimthegrin81

Visit site
Thank you guys for your valuable feedback and information, on which I’ve purchased the clubs. Cheers and happy golfing, Jim 😁

Last edited: