shaft

bigdan

Visit site
can you help please. having just purchased a stiff shaft driver.(advice from a local pro) . i would like to purchase a hybrid would you also recommend a stiff shaft. thanks for any help bigdan

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi Bigdan and welcome.

I have the same shafts in my driver, 3 wood & hybrid. The short answer is yes, generally, have the same shaft and flex throughout your wood set and the same shaft and flex for your iron set, alhtough they would usually be different as iron shafts are normaly steel and wood shafts graphite.

I do wonder what your local pro based his advice upon however? Did you hit some balls?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm getting rid of my baffler hybrid because it is a still shaft. Everything else in my bag is regular and the stiff really wasn't working. If you've fitted for stiff shafts then I'd say a stiff hybrid would be on the cards.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
can you help please. having just purchased a stiff shaft driver.(advice from a local pro) . i would like to purchase a hybrid would you also recommend a stiff shaft. thanks for any help bigdan

You've got to bear in mind that different brands of shaft play differently.

You could take 2 stiff shafts from seperate manufacturers, say Fujikura and Proforce as an example, and they would play differently.

Have you been fitted for a particular shaft?

bigdan

Visit site
Thanks for replys. I have had some lessons on the range and a playing lesson with him . he suggested a stiff shaft because of my size 6ft 5 and best part of 19 stone . I was not fitted as the driver was second hand. I did try the driver before i brought it and found it better to use than my old metal shaft driver so happy with the advice given. I would look to match my hybrid to the driver which is a taylor made .So will look in to trying to match shafts. many thanks again big dan