Shaft question

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I am going to trial some MP68's with X100 shafts and was wondering how they willcompare with Project X 6.0 shafts that were in some I hit at the range earlier in the week?

Thanks in advance

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Quite possible will feel just a little softer in (and on) the hands.

Flight might appear to be marginally lower too.

X100s are butt soft (though thy ain't soft by any means). PX 6.0 are (well were) pretty boardy all the way down - with a little tweak at the lower end.

Why do you need such stiff shafts? Don't let ego damage your wrists/hands and game!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree with FH in that the X100s will give a lower flight. Note that there is a reasonable freq difference between the two. e.g. I had my X100 3i measured and was 6.8, whilst my 2i in Project X6.5 was 6.2.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Why do you need such stiff shafts? Don't let ego damage your wrists/hands and game!

I don't need this spec but our asst pro has a set of well used MP68's that I can have for £50 as I fancied trying them. The shaft in them is X100 and I hit some the other night at the range with Project x 6.0's. My own AP2's have Project X 5.5's, so i was just researching whether or not they would be worth taking even if I have to re shaft them?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
In terms of frequency, X100 is roughly 6.8 on the Rifle scale, and PX 6.0 is about 6.5, so the X100 are a bit stiffer. X100 soft stepped once is just about the same frequency as PX 6.0.

But the two shafts are constructed differently, with the X100 more tip stiff and the PX more butt stiff, so different players have different subjective experiences on their comparative stiffness..

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
In terms of frequency, X100 is roughly 6.8 on the Rifle scale, and PX 6.0 is about 6.5, so the X100 are a bit stiffer. X100 soft stepped once is just about the same frequency as PX 6.0.

But the two shafts are constructed differently, with the X100 more tip stiff and the PX more butt stiff, so different players have different subjective experiences on their comparative stiffness..

As ever Ethan, a mine of information - mant thanks