shaft kick point

A

Alex1975

Hi folks
Is it possible to change the kick point of a shaft.
Thanks

Only by cutting the tip or butt I think. I guess you could cut it and then put a bung in the butt.

What direction are you wanting to move the kick point in?

A

Alex1975

Lower. The shaft has a mid kick point but I want a low one.

if the shaft has enough parallel on the tip you could have it put deeper in the head or cut and re glued and add some length to the butt. I cant see you getting it moved too far though. Total guess but I would think not more than a few inches as you don't want too much too add in under the grip/butt end.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
New shaft, dont mess about with the tip. I have hit a srixon driver (I actually owned it for 6 months) and gve it so many chances as the head was my idea of perfect shaped but just couldnt get the yardage out of it.

A

Alex1975

I would like a little higher flight but would also like spin too.

ye I am thinking you need a different shaft if you want a higher kick and more spin. My the time you mess about with the one you have and it maybe not working you may have been better to just start with a different shaft or club.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven't bob. I was thinking of being able to do it with the current shaft in my tm super tri. Was lookin a way to alter the shaft characteristics. Like chopping it down or adding weight or something. Just bought the driver but shaft doesn't feel right could sell and buy diff one but wife will go nuts. Lol

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok, we're getting there lol
You want more hang time with a rainbow ball flight?
Where is your ball positioned in relation to your front foot?

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
almost lol
I would like to get back to a soft draw from what is now a slice.

The ball is currently left of centre

BALL

LEFT FOOT RIGHT FOOT

Hope that makes sense

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If the ball is currently left of centre, I'm guessing that's nowhere near your left instep/big toe.
Try a nice high tee and get it right forward towards your left toe and see how it goes.