Shaft help please

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can only find a used one that's £50. Not sure if that's a good price or not. I've then to find a 5 iron head. HID has told me I don't need a 5 iron but I want one:eek:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Silly q alert:eek:

I've found one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x2hot-Aldila-tour-blue-womens-48gram-/191418841373?hash=item2c9173b91d

It says it's for driver could it be cut down and used in a 5 iron:eek:

Simplest answer is there is nothing stopping you doing that. Whether you should...well not a good idea. Weights and profiles are totally different.
Assuming you want to keep all of your iron shafts the same then best to look for one of that make/model with the same profile/characteristics.
Out of interest, what shafts are in the irons at present?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Simplest answer is there is nothing stopping you doing that. Whether you should...well not a good idea. Weights and profiles are totally different.
Assuming you want to keep all of your iron shafts the same then best to look for one of that make/model with the same profile/characteristics.
Out of interest, what shafts are in the irons at present?

It's that shaft but I'm after an X2 hot 5 iron as I haven't got one and want one. Trying to save money and thought if that shaft would do I could perhaps buy a mens 5 iron off ebay, if I can find one, and put that shaft in. Didn't think it would work but worth an ask.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's that shaft but I'm after an X2 hot 5 iron as I haven't got one and want one. Trying to save money and thought if that shaft would do I could perhaps buy a mens 5 iron off ebay, if I can find one, and put that shaft in. Didn't think it would work but worth an ask.

Yeah, I kinda had figured what you were looking to do, I am trying to find out wht shafts are in the rest of your irons, assuming you hve x2hot irons 6 upward. That wy if you know what shafts you need its easier to get a single or similar alternative.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I kinda had figured what you were looking to do, I am trying to find out wht shafts are in the rest of your irons, assuming you hve x2hot irons 6 upward. That wy if you know what shafts you need its easier to get a single or similar alternative.

Sorry:eek: Yep, it's that shaft in the rest of my irons - 6 to SW

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry:eek: Yep, it's that shaft in the rest of my irons - 6 to SW

So it's the Aldila Blue? What weight as I doubt they will be 48g and .335 tip.
The shafts in your irons should have all the details you need printed on them to try and find a spare.

Edit: I stand corrected, 49g ultralite shaft. Unfotunately seem to be very much a made for Callaway shaft and rare as hens teeth.
There seems to be no Akdila Tour Blue aftermarket equivalent to even try match.

Finding a ladies x2hot 5 iron is yoir best bet it seems.

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
So it's the Aldila Blue? What weight as I doubt they will be 48g and .335 tip.
The shafts in your irons should have all the details you need printed on them to try and find a spare.

Edit: I stand corrected, 49g ultralite shaft. Unfotunately seem to be very much a made for Callaway shaft and rare as hens teeth.
There seems to be no Akdila Tour Blue aftermarket equivalent to even try match.

Finding a ladies x2hot 5 iron is yoir best bet it seems.

Ah, thanks for your help. I've also taken the stickers off ages ago:eek:

I can get one from Callaway but the £100 seems such a lot of money.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah, thanks for your help. I've also taken the stickers off ages ago:eek:

I can get one from Callaway but the £100 seems such a lot of money.

Its a tough one to reconcile. From what I can see the iron shafts are not the same as the wood shafts (the tour blue - ironically coloured red) where the iron shafts sre less clear on manufacturer and look kind of pink.
Because less sets are made/sold than gents sets, spares are not as cost effective to keep in high supply.

Alternative would be find s 5-PW set then sell on as a 6-PW set. Try to mitigate some of the overall cost.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
From memory, wood shafts are either 0.335 or 0.350 diameter, iron shafts are 0.355 taper tip or 0.370 parallel tip, so short answer not without a lot of buggering about, if at all. Would there not be a weight difference between men's and ladies heads as well?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
From memory, wood shafts are either 0.335 or 0.350 diameter, iron shafts are 0.355 taper tip or 0.370 parallel tip, so short answer not without a lot of buggering about, if at all. Would there not be a weight difference between men's and ladies heads as well?

Hadn't even thought about the heads being different weight. Think I'll give up on the idea.