Shaft Flex's???

Hardy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Bought a G15 regular draw driver as I have a fade which turns into a slice if I try and hit it hard. Did a course of lessons and the last one was on driving which helped improved matters. My pro said I would probably be better with a stiff shaft and normal bias.

Anyway shortly after my fade/slice seemed to come back so I bought a normal G15 stiff version to give it a try. Went to the driving range the other day and hit 20 balls and most went straight with only a slight fade on some, even when hitting hard. Thought the shaft had sorted it out for me so hit another 20 with the regular flex and had pretty much the same effect. Even the flight seemed similar.

Now I'm confused and not sure which to keep. If I hit them the same which would be the better one to keep? Going to go to the range again tomorrow to have a final play-off :D

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bought a G15 regular draw driver as I have a fade which turns into a slice if I try and hit it hard. Did a course of lessons and the last one was on driving which helped improved matters. My pro said I would probably be better with a stiff shaft and normal bias.

Anyway shortly after my fade/slice seemed to come back so I bought a normal G15 stiff version to give it a try. Went to the driving range the other day and hit 20 balls and most went straight with only a slight fade on some, even when hitting hard. Thought the shaft had sorted it out for me so hit another 20 with the regular flex and had pretty much the same effect. Even the flight seemed similar.

Now I'm confused and not sure which to keep. If I hit them the same which would be the better one to keep? Going to go to the range again tomorrow to have a final play-off :D

I think the answer to most questions of this type to always err on the side of more flex if your unsure.......I may be wrong though.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
You may suffer from the belief that your slice needs more flex. Not all do, some slicers slice the ball more with softer shafts. The stiff in the Ping is not very stiff, and if you hit that well, and are an improving golfer, I would be inclined to go with that. You could also get on a launch monitor to see what your driver swing speed is, which would help choose.

How far do you carry a straight drive on a calm day?