Shaft Comparison

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can someone explain to me in non technical terms what the difference (playing) should be between these 2 driver shafts please?

UST Proforce V2 76g (Stiff)
vs
Project-X 7C3 73g (6.0)

Thank you :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Region

theres some great info on the Titleist Driver shafts in this pdf which is for the 909, cant find similar for the 910.

http://www.titleist.com/images/products/pdfs/Custom_20100101.pdf

The two shafts are quite similar, the Proforce weights 76g, has 2.2 torque with a mid to high flex point, The Project X weighs 76g, has 3.0 torque with a high flex point.

The Proforce should launch fractionally higher with fractionally more spin but they do compare quite closely

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a similar chart for the 910 which includes PX. It actually shows a slightly higher launch but similar spin. They are pretty similar although I think the PX might give a flatter more penetrating trajectory. I ordered some 910s with PX yesterday!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is a similar chart for the 910 which includes PX. It actually shows a slightly higher launch but similar spin. They are pretty similar although I think the PX might give a flatter more penetrating trajectory. I ordered some 910s with PX yesterday!

As I mentioned about my fitting in another thread, I wasn't really paying attention to what the shafts were, just letting the fitter give me different ones to try.
From what I remember it felt lighter and easier to swing than my own (proforce) but today I had a few swings with one and it felt heavier and stiffer than I remember. I was wondering if maybe the one I tried at the Belfry was lighter or maybe softer?
It could of course be me not remembering correctly, or just swinging worse or being colder.

He thought my 909/V2 was too stiff in the tip and not getting the head back to the ball properly, and he wanted to find a shaft that was more flexible in the tip without losing anything in the rest of the shaft.

I saw you mentioned you ordered a hybrid, have you ordered driver and/or fairway as well?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Region

theres some great info on the Titleist Driver shafts in this pdf which is for the 909, cant find similar for the 910.

http://www.titleist.com/images/products/pdfs/Custom_20100101.pdf

The two shafts are quite similar, the Proforce weights 76g, has 2.2 torque with a mid to high flex point, The Project X weighs 76g, has 3.0 torque with a high flex point.

The Proforce should launch fractionally higher with fractionally more spin but they do compare quite closely

Cheers fundy.

I hit the ball low anyway. The driver I ended up with is 10.5 adjusted another +1.5 degrees and that was giving me a 14 degree launch.

I'm gonna be seriously peeved with myself if I've ordered the wrong shaft lol!! :eek: