Shaft change.....

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hey guys just be grateful for your opinions.... I recently went to a Mizuno Fitting at mAmlden and they recommended the MX300 with a steel shaft, the Dynalite Gold XP (SXP)(regular)- we used the shaft optimizer and apparently i release my wrists quite early and 6 iron swing speed of 83-85mph was too high for my current shaft , a firm stock callaway in my fusion irons. Anyhow, I cant afford the mX300's yet and was thinksing maybe just change my shafts in my current clubs? I have someone to do it but does anyone have experience of this and how long it might take to adjust - I have 2 stablefords and a 36 hole Comp this week and thought hould wait to next week?

Also am I better of waiting and just get the mizunos when funds allow - or would the shaft change make much difference, the Mizuno guy was pretty insistent theat graphite would not be ideal for me.

thanks

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Shafts can be quite expensive and pointless if a second hand set similar to what you need come up.
Im using fairly stock AP2's with s300 shafts, I truely have never felt the need to go and ask my pro to see if they could be amended any better to me.
A lot of club golfers forget, we are handicap golfers, no two swings are ever the same for us.

T

thecraw

Sometimes changing shafts can be almost as expensive as buying new irons. If you feel that your going to need no bats soon, I'd hold off and save your money until you can change bats.

Remember you will also need to get new grips and have them fitted.