Sergio out of Masters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
2017 champion Sergio Garcia won't be playing this week after testing positive for COVID...

'On Saturday night after driving back from the Houston Open, I started feeling a bit of a sore throat and a cough. The symptoms stayed with me on Sunday morning so I decided to get tested for COVID-19 and so did my wife Angela. Thankfully she tested negative, but I didn’t.

After 21 years of not missing a Major Championship, I will sadly miss @themasters this week. The important thing is that my family and I are feeling good. We’ll come back stronger and give the green jacket a go next April.'

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I know, I wouldn't have gone near the place. He was starting to play ok as well

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That doesn't bode well as he must have interacted with the other players either on the range or in the bubble at the hotel/restaurant/clubhouse. I don't understand why people would play a course that doesn't bear any resemblance to Augusta. Personally I'd be getting to Augusta early and finding out as much about how it plays in November and differs from the normal conditions. Preparation is key especially at the Masters