Sense?????

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hoping someone may have a small bit of inside knowledge on this as i know a good few on here have been fitted for various shafts and what not....
Now before i start im a little skeptical of the custom fit route as to be honest i dont think that i have a swing thats consistent enough to warrant it......

Having said that i went into my local Nevada Bobs to one of those Launch monitor thingy's as the lad that works in there i know quite well...
Its no secret to most on here that i struggle with my driving so to squash any doubts that it was my equipment i had to see whether or not i was using the right shafts and that....It turns out that its definitely a setup fault i have of some sort....
Distance doesnt bother me on those things as i know that they arent exactly accurate....What i was more interested in was my Swingspeed.....and my attack angle and my launch..
I just wanted to make sure i wasnt Pulling my shots...

It turns out that with my rather flat swing i attack the ball from the inside.....I have a launch angle of 16 degrees with my Titleist 909D3...Stiff Voodoo shaft...
I had an average club head speed of 106 MPH....

But here's the problem......Im push slicing......... and push fading the ball on a good hit.....Dont mind the Fade..I can play with that..
Without disrupting my Iron swing how do i go about straightening my drives?

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm pretty straight with the driver but short,went on a launch monitor and told i was getting an extra 35yrds,with g20,on the course no difference!i'm sure you can get sorted with a good coach

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably ball position, try it a little further back. On the downswing you are hitting in to out, on the upswing you are hitting out to in.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Probably ball position, try it a little further back. On the downswing you are hitting in to out, on the upswing you are hitting out to in.

If you're already pushing the ball and with an open clubface how would moving the ball further back help either the push or the open face?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you're already pushing the ball and with an open clubface how would moving the ball further back help either the push or the open face?
Wont it create a further in to out swing that will draw it back. Thought it was worth a try.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Wont it create a further in to out swing that will draw it back. Thought it was worth a try.

I'd say that a pull-fade is easier to cure as it's definitely a swingpath issue and/or then an open clubface issue. With a push-fade it's harder to 'fix' as the path isn't necessarily wrong, it's just the clubface is open to the path (whatever that path is, could be +1 degree or +10). Potential fixes could range from closing the club a fraction then regripping, to hitting harder with the right arm to stop the clubface from lagging too much and thus being 'open' at impact. Sometimes it's a case of the hips going too hard and the hands/shoulders simply not catching up (like a blocked shot) and moving the ball further back won't help that as you need enough time to allow the face to close a bit.

Kid what was your attack angle was it + figures?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd say that a pull-fade is easier to cure as it's definitely a swingpath issue and/or then an open clubface issue. With a push-fade it's harder to 'fix' as the path isn't necessarily wrong, it's just the clubface is open to the path (whatever that path is, could be +1 degree or +10). Potential fixes could range from closing the club a fraction then regripping, to hitting harder with the right arm to stop the clubface from lagging too much and thus being 'open' at impact. Sometimes it's a case of the hips going too hard and the hands/shoulders simply not catching up (like a blocked shot) and moving the ball further back won't help that as you need enough time to allow the face to close a bit.

Kid what was your attack angle was it + figures?

I cant remember James......All i remember was the launch angle at 16 degrees and the clubhead speed between 104-107mph....That was with a 9.5 degree head and a stiff voodoo shaft..
I was getting good height and carry just the ball was starting from what i could see as straight and at the last 1/3 or so of its flight it was falling right...A normal slice im thinking....The outcome of an in to in swingpath....
But it varied in bend....
And i also pushed a few which went straight right and then curved towards the end of the flight. Which im thinking is the Push slice im talking of.

Sorry if that makes a lot of twaddle.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Book a lesson with a decent pro......nothing but conflicting advice on here.