Seeing your own swing.

Blocker

Medal Winner
Visit site
Seeing your swing for the first time is guaranteed to destroy any delusions of adequacy you may have :(
My long freeflowing, full shoulder turn swing changes to a half to 3/4 swing with the worlds worst delayed hit whenever a video camera is pointed at it. It does work reasonably well though:D

A

Alex1975

I hate seeing my swing and it usually disappoints me, it is essential from time to time though.

That 2 iron looks so long.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I filmed myself for the first time last year and it was shocking! Left leg collapsed on back swing and straightened in on the down swing! No wondering I was topping so many! And a massive over swing! Shudder just thinking about it!

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mine was looking good yesterday on film for my lesson (pros words - perfect set up, big shoulder turn with resistance on right leg, ds started with hips, left leg posted, inverted k position at impact with hands ahead of ball to a full balanced finish).

Unfortunately something happens when I leave that room as I must have hit about 80 balls straight after with only about 5 decent strikes and every bad shot in the book other than the shanks!

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mine never fails to crack me up.

Ball on a tee peg confidently, couple of waggles, a smooth practise half-swing, then address the ball. "this one's going miles" as you're lured into a false sense of security. Back swing starts....jesus wept what's the club head doing there..... left arm straight, like it.... is that a toungue coming out? Ooh, bit of overswing there....and through the ball, all the way...poor balance, nearly fallen over. What a mess. Anybody see where the ball went?!

One watch is enough, that's all i'll say.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love it, I use my swingprofile app every time I am at the range, it's the only was I can truly see what I am doing wrong. Show it to my pro at lessons so he can see what I have done/done wrong while practicing etc. it's a real eye opener! I thought I was hitting it really well he other week, watched the video back and It was awful!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Seeing your swing for the first time is guaranteed to destroy any delusions of adequacy you may have :D

Seeing it any time does this...... No matter how good my swing feels, actually seeing it never fails to disappoint me......although probably not so much the swing as the ageing lanky beanpole hurling it around......

TEDSTAR

Medal Winner
Visit site
I find it really useful although sometimes it shatters any illusion I had of getting to somewhere near an acceptable swing.
I am one of those people who learns much quicker by being shown my mistakes on playback rather than being told in a lesson.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
During a Captain's Day about 15 gears ago we all got filmed teeing off the first.
Most people including the Pro were actually quite impressed with mine.
Time, however, has taken its toll and it is now far from a thing of beauty and not fit for publication anywhere.......

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nowadays I don't mind my swing at normal speed and can see why folks say "you have a nice swing". In SloMo it's not so good as I get time to pick it apart a bit but it's getting there and last week I finally looked as I want to at the top - no overswing and the club laid off slightly...nailed the shots too :)

What I hate is seeing my swing shadow on the course - sunshine today meant it was the first issue this year!!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is the closest that i have to being able to see my current swing.....Iv seen heaps of footage of myself but was never able to warm to it....It looked OKish on video but the results weren't great...That was before the lessons.....Since them im starting to improve.......

The msot current one is below.... Before the lessons on the right and after my last lesson on the left.l havent shown this to many so be gentle:thup:

[video=youtube;nx-YqfUB58A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx-YqfUB58A&list=UUzRr8uz3CMJNmJMzVM5xLzw[/video]