Scottish Prem 18/19

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry if unclear
Includes SPFL League, SFA Cup and League Cup titles.
So Cups not titles then and again your fact I’m guessing is since Rangers returned - and it doesn’t really show anything much beyond what everyone knows - it’s a one team league and has been since Rangers financial issues.

Lyle77

Visit site
It perhaps shows that Celtic stepped up their intensity once Rangers rejoined the top flight. This was evident in the appointment of Brendan Rodgers who was a big step up from Ronny Delia and brought thousands of fans back to Celtic Park. This coincided with a wee bit more investment in the playing squad and Champions League group stage qualification for 2/3 seasons. Brendan Rodgers brought a lot of professionalism and forward thinking into the club from his spells in the EPL at Liverpool and Swansea which the squad of players bought into.

However, I think appointing Neil Lennon permamently could backfire. Since leaving Celtic he was a failure at Bolton although there were perhaps mitigating circumstances there given the financial state of that football club and lost the dressing room at Hibs latterly after some very poor inconsistent results. He seems to be very much from the old school style of coaching like Martin O'Neill and his style of football is not quite what Brendan Rodgers offered. However, he did deliver Celtic's best recent European result in 2012 beating Barcelona 2-1 and has steadied the ship at Celtic this season ensuring that the treble was delivered. Regardless of manager, Celtic need to freshen up the squad in a number of positions especially at full back where they desparately need cover for Keiran Tierney and the ageing Mikael Lustig. Question marks surround the future of Tom Rogic as well and if a big offer comes in from an Engish team he may well move on.

After Rangers success in the two derby matches at Ibrox they will go into the new season with a lot of confidence and will be going all out to stop Celtic clinching 9 in a row.
The summer transfer window will be very interesting to see.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So Cups not titles then and again your fact I’m guessing is since Rangers returned - and it doesn’t really show anything much beyond what everyone knows - it’s a one team league and has been since Rangers financial issues.

No, it covers major Scottish titles/ trophies/ big wins:love: over a period of 8 or 9 years.

D

Deleted member 15344

No, it covers major Scottish titles/ trophies/ big wins:love: over a period of 8 or 9 years.

So why just a period of 8/9 years ? What is the point you are trying to show ?

Before it was a two team league now it’s a one team one with every now and then a cup shock happens ?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So why just a period of 8/9 years ? What is the point you are trying to show ?

Before it was a two team league now it’s a one team one with every now and then a cup shock happens ?

As opposed to a league with twice as many teams being a 3-4 team league!!

The EPL has had almost as high a percentage wise mix of winners since its inception.

You have no interest in Scottish football other than trying to score points that English football is better!!

Guess what! We know it’s of a higher standard and always will be as expected from a country with approx 10 times the population!

So why not piss off leave us Scottish football fans who know what’s going on to chat about it or is your need for a high post count really that desperate that you feel the need to constantly post on topics you have no knowledge/interest in?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

The EPL has had almost as high a percentage wise mix of winners since its inception.

You have no interest in Scottish football other than trying to score points that English football is better!!

Guess what! We know it’s of a higher standard and always will be as expected from a country with approx 10 times the population!

So why not piss off leave us Scottish football fans who know what’s going on to chat about it or is your need for a high post count really that desperate that you feel the need to constantly post on topics you have no knowledge/interest in?
Quality aside which I don't think too many reference anymore.

The competition or lack of it really isn't as close as you'd suggest.

Since the prems inception 2 teams have won in Scotland. 7 have in England. Not the four you'd expect from a league twice the side. Historically the 4 most frequent winners account for approx 44% of titles. Your top two account for 85%.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quality aside which I don't think too many reference anymore.

The competition or lack of it really isn't as close as you'd suggest.

Since the prems inception 2 teams have won in Scotland. 7 have in England. Not the four you'd expect from a league twice the side. Historically the 4 most frequent winners account for approx 44% of titles. Your top two account for 85%.

7? you sure?

Man United, Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City & Leicester

3 of which have happened because of massive investment in which I mean Blackburn, Chelsea & City.

If Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs had had the input of finances that those 3 teams have had they would have won a title as well.

Leicester was an amazing achievement and one that will never be repeated

So only United & Arsenal can claim to have won the prem backed by their own financing and historical presence within the game throughout the world.

Kind of makes a mockery of the claim that the premiership is the most competitive league in the world and especially of the notion that it's more competitive than the SPL

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
7? you sure?

3 of which have happened because of massive investment in which I mean Blackburn, Chelsea & City.

If Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs had had the input of finances that those 3 teams have had they would have won a title as well.

So only United & Arsenal can claim to have won the prem backed by their own financing and historical presence within the game throughout the world.

Kind of makes a mockery of the claim that the premiership is the most competitive league in the world and especially of the notion that it's more competitive than the SPL

Sorry 6 is right.
Still more than double the spl though.

Also how the clubs get their backing is totally irrelevant when comparing competition. You chose the PL era I imagine to help you cause but quite simply The product is more appealing hence the investment.

If you look across Europe I'd be amazed if many top flights have had the variety that the top flight in England has had. That doesn't mean that its the best league. But I don't see how anyone can argue that the spl has ieven remotely the same level of competition between clubs.

If we go back to when the spl was last won by a different team. That's 1985. 9teams have won the top English flight since then.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really ? Even if you go back since football leagues started in Scotland Celtic and Rangers have just over 86% of the title wins with 104 between them. Since 1985 it’s 100% in that 34 years. In England it’s about 28 teams in total with about 8 since 1985.

I follow Football in a lot of countries and I didn’t mention any comparison between England and Scotland - you did though

That’s not very nice is it telling me I can’t post in my own thread 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

7? you sure?

A lot of “if” there

And the last comment - look around the leagues in Europe

France - dominated by one team with the odd shock , before it used to have prob the most varied of winners

Italy - dominated by Juve 8 titles in a row now

Spain - dominated by 2 with the odd team popping in over the last 20 odd years

Holland - dominated by 2 with one other team coming in with a win

Portugal- 2 teams

Scotland - 1 team currently

England - I believe was the only league where the winners weren’t decided until the last day - when the season starts there is prob 6 teams in the running , even if some teams have been backed by a big influx of money the league is still competitive. In Scotland they might as well just hand the trophy to Celtic at the start currently same as in Italy. There is no comparison between how competitive the league is in Scotland to how it is in England

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So why not piss off leave us Scottish football fans who know what’s going on to chat about it

Pleasure, only one team ever win, even the boat race in England has a possibility that one of two teams can win 👍

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry 6 is right.
Still more than double the spl though.

Also how the clubs get their backing is totally irrelevant when comparing competition. You chose the PL era I imagine to help you cause but quite simply The product is more appealing hence the investment.

If you look across Europe I'd be amazed if many top flights have had the variety that the top flight in England has had. That doesn't mean that its the best league. But I don't see how anyone can argue that the spl has ieven remotely the same level of competition between clubs.

If we go back to when the spl was last won by a different team. That's 1985. 9teams have won the top English flight since then.

I'm not convinced that the product is any more appealing at all.

Watched some utterly dreadful games over the seasons. To be honest I now watch very little in the way of football in any country.

I did watch the St Mirren Dundee United game yesterday and while the game was horrendous it was exciting and the atmosphere was brilliant. That was what I liked, not the product.

People will always knock Scottish football, we appreciate and accept that but for some it appears to just be a points scoring exercise.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not convinced that the product is any more appealing at all.

Watched some utterly dreadful games over the seasons. To be honest I now watch very little in the way of football in any country.

I did watch the St Mirren Dundee United game yesterday and while the game was horrendous it was exciting and the atmosphere was brilliant. That was what I liked, not the product.

People will always knock Scottish football, we appreciate and accept that but for some it appears to just be a points scoring exercise.

Yesterday's game was a bit grim, probably to do with the high wind. Just watched the 90 mins.
I did watch one of the ICT v Dundee United games and it was brilliant. Good quality fitba in a well contested game with a good atmosphere.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In Kickback they are doing unusual facts about your club.

Hearts and Stranraer are two of the oldest clubs in Scotland but they have played each other a total of four times in over 120 years.
It's 33 years since Hearts last played Morton.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What an embarrassment the "mighty" Ayrshire Killie are.

One of the poorest results in a long time for Scottish teams in Europe.