Scottish Open

Hoganman1

Visit site
This is one of my favorite tournaments. It gets one ready for THE OPEN. It's interesting the announcers are using the British pronunciation of the host club. Us yanks say Ren-ah-sance while the Brits say Re-nay-sance. Anyway, it looks like the course has been there for centuries, but it's only about twenty five years old. Also, the wind is starting to make it interesting. The early leaders are struggling. Spieth played well and Zander is having a good day. I'd like to see Cabrera Bello win. He's played well for a long time, but doesn't seem to win that often.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The course does look good and it seems to be improving each year.
I live a few miles away from it, such a shame it is so exclusive. I recently heard the joining fee is up to £90 000. ?

D

Deleted member 1147

This is one of my favorite tournaments. It gets one ready for THE OPEN. It's interesting the announcers are using the British pronunciation of the host club. Us yanks say Ren-ah-sance while the Brits say Re-nay-sance. Anyway, it looks like the course has been there for centuries, but it's only about twenty five years old. Also, the wind is starting to make it interesting. The early leaders are struggling. Spieth played well and Zander is having a good day. I'd like to see Cabrera Bello win. He's played well for a long time, but doesn't seem to win that often.
We put the emphasis on a different vowel.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Many years ago, a bunch of us from another forum had a meet at Miurfield. We stayed in Aberlady and the owner/developer of Renaissance was also staying there. He invited us to se it as it was then - unfinished. It looked magnificent then, at least 2 years before it opened! Not quite a links course, but plenty of links traits.
Scottish Open is always the appetiser when The Open is in Scotland

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally, I would like to see it move around more, much as I am enjoying watching it, it has been at the same venue for too long.

Let's get it moving around a bit more. It was great the year it was at Royal Aberdeen. How about Dornoch, Kingsbarns, Castle Stewart, Western Gailes etc getting another go?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Many years ago, a bunch of us from another forum had a meet at Miurfield. We stayed in Aberlady and the owner/developer of Renaissance was also staying there. He invited us to se it as it was then - unfinished. It looked magnificent then, at least 2 years before it opened! Not quite a links course, but plenty of links traits.
Scottish Open is always the appetiser when The Open is in Scotland
What do you mean, ANOTHER forum??!?!?! ?

Hoganman1

Visit site
Personally, I would like to see it move around more, much as I am enjoying watching it, it has been at the same venue for too long.

Let's get it moving around a bit more. It was great the year it was at Royal Aberdeen. How about Dornoch, Kingsbarns, Castle Stewart, Western Gailes etc getting another go?
I agree. It would be interesting to see these great courses featured. There are so many that are not in THE OPEN rotation that would still test the world's best players.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's interesting the announcers are using the British pronunciation of the host club. Us yanks say Ren-ah-sance while the Brits say Re-nay-sance. .

You say tomayto we say tomahto.

You say zee we say zed.

I could go on and on but I believe this book sums it up well

Amglish by Mike Powell is a fascinating tour de force through the complex and compelling evolutionary development of one language into two distinct branches - British English and American English.