Scotland's Greatest Album

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For the Album, Aztec Camera, 'High land, Hard Rain'. Not from north of the border myself, so not steeped in early 80's sweaty lore, but hard to imagine much better came out ...

As a one off tune, would probably be 'rip it up'

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1. Book of Brilliant things (live version, from the city of light. SM
2. Where the rose is won Big country
3. Sanctify yourself SM
4. Only tender love Deacon blue (sound very much like a U2 song)
5. Fisherman,s blues - waterboys

all 80's but all great.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1. Book of Brilliant things (live version, from the city of light. SM
2. Where the rose is won Big country
3. Sanctify yourself SM
4. Only tender love Deacon blue (sound very much like a U2 song)
5. Fisherman,s blues - waterboys

all 80's but all great.

Spell properly, you dunce, sorry where the rose is sown - Divvy.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sunshine on Leith by The Proclaimers.

Yes, i'm a Hibee.

I'm up on hols in 2 weeks in fife, what are my chances of getting tickets in the Hibs end for the Celtic game, I looked on the website recently, but I think I have to wait until a certain date before applying. Should I be ok for 2 tickets, do you think, or will hibs sell out?

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1980's
Aneka - Japanese Boy
Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid
Del Amitri - Nothing Ever Happens

1990's
Travis - Writing to Reach You
Garbage - Special
Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You Before
Primal Scream - Loaded

2000's
The View - Same Jeans
Idlewild - You Held The World In Your Arms
El Presidente - Without You
Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
Calvin Harris - Acceptable in the 80's

Last edited:

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm up on hols in 2 weeks in fife, what are my chances of getting tickets in the Hibs end for the Celtic game, I looked on the website recently, but I think I have to wait until a certain date before applying. Should I be ok for 2 tickets, do you think, or will hibs sell out?

No idea mate, haven't been to a game in years. To be fair, the way Hibs are playing this year I doubt we'll sell our allocation.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No idea mate, haven't been to a game in years. To be fair, the way Hibs are playing this year I doubt we'll sell our allocation.

Hello Mr. Brown, I've tried, unsuccessfully to get tickets from Hibs, but unfortunately due to it being a high security game, they wont allow anyone have tickets who have not been to a previous game. Do you know anyone who could help me to get 2 tickets? If so PM me, I can send the money in advance.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hello Mr. Brown, I've tried, unsuccessfully to get tickets from Hibs, but unfortunately due to it being a high security game, they wont allow anyone have tickets who have not been to a previous game. Do you know anyone who could help me to get 2 tickets? If so PM me, I can send the money in advance.

Please, call me Strangely ;)

I don't think I know anyone who travels to away games any more. I'll check with some folk that are season ticket holders at Easter Road to see if they can do anything.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you Scots want a vote for a Scottish album I'd recommend Internal Exile by Fish. His second solo album and with a lot of political undertones about the social and economic climate of the time. A few decent tracks on their too

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Please, call me Strangely ;)

I don't think I know anyone who travels to away games any more. I'll check with some folk that are season ticket holders at Easter Road to see if they can do anything.

Thanks Mr. Strangely, It is actually a home game, but they have this rule of you have had to have gone to a previous game. I think it is to stop Celtic fans not getting in the Hibs end.

I told them I was on hols and I'm not a Bhoy, from Liverpool etc, but it would not wash with them.

It's either that or Dundee Utd v Falkirk. I like to go to different footy grounds (been to about 70 in England), but haven't done Hibs or Dundee United, so would like to get it in whilst up on hols, but the Hibees is my preference, as could be a big upset.

So far done Celtic 7-8 times, Rangers twice , Aberdeen once, Dundee 3 times!!! But so far not Hibernian, I missed an opportunity about 10 years ago because I was told that Hibs v hearts would be a sell out, only to see 2-3000 empty spaces and Hibs won about 6-4 I think.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What do Hibs have to do with Scotland´s greatest album? Thank God Justagolfer isn´t following this thread.
Anyway, getting back to the point. Gerry Rafferty???????????

DarthFader

Club Champion
Visit site
Would Midge Ure qualify from his Ultravox days?? If so plenty of good stuff to choose from there. Homer thought Suits might edge internal exile by Fish, some good stuff there as well.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Remember we're meant to be picking 3 singles from each decade to make a compilation album...not a whole album itself.

The singles chosen already from the 70s and 80s are in the link in the OP.