Scoring

Barrie Y

Visit site
Please can you tell me if using a Shotgun tee start on a 9 hole course how countback works for identifying order of results of same score on a 18 hole Stableford competition. Thanks

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
As far as I remember, you just use the normal countback according to the scorecard - back 9, back 6 etc.. So it won't be the last 9 holes played for everyone but will be the same 9 holes.

There's no logical or scientifically proven reason for using back 9, back 6 etc., it's just the recommended method.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Don’t think theres a standardised way either. Different methods. Your club would be able to tell you of the process they use.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don’t think theres a standardised way either. Different methods. Your club would be able to tell you of the process they use.
Whilst I agree in principle that they can have a number of different methodologies the two constants should be that the scores on the same holes played are compared, and that in handicap events they should take into account the handicaps (as stableford inherently does).
In the absence of any documented basis (it happens!) the guidance outlined in the rules (section 5 a (6) of the committee procedures) should be followed.