Scored ok but early release driving me insane!

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good round yesterday. Very, very wet course (should have been closed IMO) par 72 but all winter tees and 5 winter greens make it par 70, and finished with 81.

My round below, I have a mostly well timed cast, flip and early release but yesterday tried to shorten my swing by delaying/limiting my right arm bend which did help. Had numerous lessons and know all the theory but good lord shaft lean so difficult to come by. 17&18 I was tired, wet and suffering a very painful blister with newish shoes.

Do I put most of my efforts into fixing my flip or sharpen my short game?

P 2 putts
B 1 putt
B 1 putt
+1 2 putts
+1 3 putts
P 1 putt
+1 2 putts
+1 2 putts
P 2 putts

P 2 putts
+1 2 putts
+1 2 putts
+2 2 putts
P 2 putts
P 2 putts
P 2 putts
+2 pulled off tee and chip out
+3 lost off tee!

Last edited:

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You lost 5 shots on last two holes. 6 shots on previous 16. Maybe should work on course fitness.

That's not a bad shout but the pain of the blister and the very heavy going through the mud got the better of me I think.

Tiredness though may have contributed to pull off the tee on 17 and slice OB on 18.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you're having lessons and "know the theory" I'd be going back to the pro, showing him the card and tell him it's not working on the course and ask for more feedback/drills. It's tough, especially in borderline waterlogged conditions so maybe take that into account (and the blisters) but it sounds as though that's were the issues are