School me on golfing sunglasses

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have a head that is too big for one size fits all caps, clearly not true is it Under Armour? ?. I have the Half Jacket 2.0 XL and they are fine. The sports glasses tend to have a bit of flex in them that allows for a larger head.

My son was given a pair of standard style raybans off his daft aunt for his 18th. I couldn't tell you if they are any good as to put them on I would end up snapping an arm. Way too tight and small for me.

Under Armour caps have to be L/Xl ;)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Buy some Oakley glasses, ideally Half Jackets so you can change the lenses. I think the golf lenses are called Prism or similar. The quality thing about these is that they filter the light, they clean it. You can start in bright sunshine, finish in overcast weather and you wont have noticed the change until you take your glasses off.

Nothing can help with a low sun mind, that is just one of those things. You'd need a welders mask to solve that ?.

I have Half Jacket 2.0 XL by the way ?

Based on this, I have ordered the same. Do you do refunds if I'm not satisfied? ;) :LOL:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have ordered some customised Flak 2.0 , white arms with orange ear socks and prism ruby polarised lenses. For those of you in the military you can get 20% off through Defence Discount Services - not on sale items though

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
maybe my heads not that fat then :eek: sorry LT :(
The thing is, honestly, I don't have a Richard Osman head or similar. It must just be the circumference. The shame is I really like the UA caps but I can only get a cap that is adjustable so that rules them out. 1st world problem though ?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have 28 pairs of Oakley sunglasses (for collection and investment). I only wear 3 pairs. What I can say is don't buy into this prizm rubbish. My skiing goggles are prizm and they are no different from polarised lenses. Maybe when the sun is really shining on uneaven snow I can detect a very small difference when I keep swapping between the two.
People that have prism glasses for golf and rate them are seeing things they "want to see" I guarantee they wouldn't tell if you swapped their lenses out for an equal quality set.
You don't need polarised lenses for golf. Just try on a load until you find the ones that suit your head. Oakley do very high quality frames (most of the time). But the lenses are utter garbage. Most Oakley freaks buy Oakley glasses and instantly swap out their lenses for aftermarket good ones.

Last edited:

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oakley Targetline are a great pair of golf sunglasses. They have interchangeable lenses (as most Oakley ranges do), and look decent when wearing them off the course too.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have 28 pairs of Oakley sunglasses (for collection and investment). I only wear 3 pairs. What I can say is don't buy into this prizm rubbish. My skiing goggles are prizm and they are no different from polarised lenses. Maybe when the sun is really shining on uneaven snow I can detect a very small difference when I keep swapping between the two.
People that have prism glasses for golf and rate them are seeing things they "want to see" I guarantee they wouldn't tell if you swapped their lenses out for an equal quality set.
You don't need polarised lenses for golf. Just try on a load until you find the ones that suit your head. Oakley do very high quality frames (most of the time). But the lenses are utter garbage. Most Oakley freaks buy Oakley glasses and instantly swap out their lenses for aftermarket good ones.

anywhere particular you would recommend for lenses Hovis? ideally prescription ones too

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
anywhere particular you would recommend for lenses Hovis? ideally prescription ones too
Not sure on prescription mate but all the Oakley knutts use "linegear" for replacement lenses. Revent optics are also good and much more friendly in the pocket

I've probably been a bit harsh on Oakley. It's just that upto 2005 they made quality everything. Then they produced utter tat in comparison to their old stuff. They still charge a premium though!!!!! Everyone reading this that has owned Oakley glasses with iridium coating will know what I'm talking about

Last edited:

jmcp

Visit site
I have bought 3 pairs of Oakley prescription glasses from Boots. 1 pair for driving with clear lenses, 1 pair with Transition lenses for playing golf and a pair with Polarised lenses, all 3 have been excellent, wouldn‘t hesitate to replace with the same again if they were lost or damaged.

Cheers, John