Sat 11th April - Silverdale Golf Club

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So the wife is taking me the inlaws and the weans down to Grange-Over-Sands for a few days, heading down either thu 9th or Fir 10th. When she booked it she told me there was a course near by so I could take my clubs.... Don't need to tell me twice.

Was going to come on hear and see if there was anyone close by that fancied a round somewhere near there however I checked golf Empire out this morning and discovered that Silverdale has an open on the sat. So thought that would be a better day out. Cheaper golf and a purpose aswell.

So, anyone played the course and is it any good ?

Anyone free that day (sat 11th) and fancy coming along aswell ?

According to the clubs website its £10 for visitors, Winning visitor wins a years free membership, checked the booking online and there are plenty spaces still available.

Any takers ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
It's a very quirky course, I can tell you that.
It's also one that divides opinion. I like it but I know others here who hate it. Go with an open mind whatever else you hear.
Can't remember which hole it is, but it's a fairly short part 4, but wouldn't recommend driver, as the next shot plays up to a green about 40 foot above you and a wall of rock and grass in front of you! Don't get too close to it from the tee!
The 17th slopes from right to left off the tee and from memory the length of it.
18th is a downhill par 3, which depending on the wind direction can play between one or two clubs higher or lower.
Enjoy it!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Alternatively, of no-one's around then try and get to Morecambe GC or Silloth.

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cheers for the info. I've done Silloth before but the main thing is that it's an open so a chance of a cut/0.1 and that wins it over for me. I'll prob go for even if noone comes along. Am no afraid of going solo. ;-)