sandown park

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a very enjoyable evening in some great company, even if my game disappeared without trace! Thanks to Neil and the 60 60 guys for setting it up.

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A big thank you to Neil and GM for organising this opportunity and many thanks to 60 60 Golf for providing the evening. It was good to meet some new faces and hope those who came along for their first GM event saw that we are not all internet axe murderers and will join in more of the events in the future.

How many times have you heard "I was hitting the ball so well at the range, now [I am on the course] it is as if I have never played before"? I hear that or similar quite a lot at the club and have always put it down to a couple of things. You always have a perfect lie for your shot due to the mats, but more importantly, it does not matter, there is no consequence when you hit a bad shot so you do not focus so much on the task at hand, there is no pressure on each shot.

60 60 Golf have tried, successfully in my opinion, to address the second item. There was pressure on every shot similar to that of being on a course. The "fairway" was relatively narrow so tee shots and long fairway shots demanded respect, the "greens" were very small targets making the longer approach shots something you really had to concentrate on. Add to this the competitive factor, the banter and it really did change the way I approached each shot.

The other side of it which is good is that you can have an hour or so of entertainment playing a competitive form of golf with the bonus of not getting soaked - exactly as we did last night :)

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A big thank you to Neil and GM for organising this opportunity and many thanks to 60 60 Golf for providing the evening. It was good to meet some new faces and hope those who came along for their first GM event saw that we are not all internet axe murderers and will join in more of the events in the future.

How many times have you heard "I was hitting the ball so well at the range, now [I am on the course] it is as if I have never played before"? I hear that or similar quite a lot at the club and have always put it down to a couple of things. You always have a perfect lie for your shot due to the mats, but more importantly, it does not matter, there is no consequence when you hit a bad shot so you do not focus so much on the task at hand, there is no pressure on each shot.

60 60 Golf have tried, successfully in my opinion, to address the second item. There was pressure on every shot similar to that of being on a course. The "fairway" was relatively narrow so tee shots and long fairway shots demanded respect, the "greens" were very small targets making the longer approach shots something you really had to concentrate on. Add to this the competitive factor, the banter and it really did change the way I approached each shot.

The other side of it which is good is that you can have an hour or so of entertainment playing a competitive form of golf with the bonus of not getting soaked - exactly as we did last night :)

Couldn't agree more and found it alot better than I was expecting. I hope it comes to a range near me so I could play more regularly.