Sandiway / Beau Desert

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
You have defo missed out there.

The opens are still good value however.

I have played Sandiway once and BD 5 times and both are excellent golf courses.

Sandiway just edges it for me though.

Played Sandiway for the first time this year and I absolutely loved, was way better than I expected.

Will be going back this year for sure, at £20 I feel like I'm mugging them off :rofl:

timbo1988

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi,

After making a wrong choice of a golf club a while ago in Essex and it costing me a lot of money, I vowed never to pay a joining fee again. I think I have convinced myself to take the step up and spoken to both clubs about fees/subs/operations of the club and 'happy' with the answers. Before deciding I thought I would ask on here for people experiences of either club when they have played there.

The joining fee and subs whilst I wont post on the forum, are fairly large, so really do not want to make the same mistake as before.:(

I am interested in hearing any bad or good experiences with the:-

a) club
b) pro shop
c) members
d) course conditions
e) how much they close the course during winter
f) Any tee times are not available to members.
g) Whether they have masses of golf societies on at the weekend or during the week

We are approximately in the middle of both courses, so distance is about the same. Ideally looking for an easy going, friendly club and one were there is not loads of tees times blocked out at the weekend or loads of single sex comps and a club that you don't feel awkward in and that 'other members or even the staff' look at you strangely or speak down to you(yeah have visited clubs like that):p.

If anyone is a member or knows someone who is member of either club I really would welcome a chat, please.:thup: (as I know none)

If you would not rather post on a public forum with negative comments, please PM me, as I would rather not make another cock up.:rofl::eek::(:smirk:

Are Beau Desert offering full membership? as I thought they only offered the restricted 5 day membership currently due to being oversubscribed?