S&A v Hillside Golf club

Kevblue

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am thinking of applying for membership on one of these clubs. Is anyone on here a member of either? Does anyone know what the yearly subs are for both?

Thanks in advance.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t think either are to easy to join.

Hillside applications are closed (so I’ve heard)

You’ll have more chance at s&a, but still work to be done in joining

Fees are around the £1400 mark I think. With a hefty joining fee for both

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
S&A

Entrance Fee = £2400
2019/20 Annual Membership Fee:
7 Day = £1333 - FULL
6 Day (Sunday - Friday) = £1177
Club House Development Levy = £115
Bar/Food Levy £150

You need a proposer and seconded who has been at the club longer than 4 years.

From a friend.

D

Deleted member 1740

S&A

Entrance Fee = £2400
2019/20 Annual Membership Fee:
7 Day = £1333 - FULL
6 Day (Sunday - Friday) = £1177
Club House Development Levy = £115
Bar/Food Levy £150

You need a proposer and seconded who has been at the club longer than 4 years.

From a friend.

Did you join West Lancs in the end?

D

Deleted member 1740

I am thinking of applying for membership on one of these clubs. Is anyone on here a member of either? Does anyone know what the yearly subs are for both?

Thanks in advance.

My only advice would be to only apply to one club at a time, all of the clubs in the area speak to eachother regarding membership.

Best of luck wherever you apply to both are excellent courses.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only played Hillside and would definitely join if I could find a way in. Once you get the initial joining fee out of the way the annual fees seem reasonable, However if its closed for new applicants it could be a long wait. Fabulous place though to play golf. Think Stuart gives some good advice about clubs talking to each other and I'm sure that happens in other areas so worth bearing in mind for anyone looking to join a club soon

D

Deleted member 1740

Love it mate. Haven’t played since Feb due to a shoulder op. The course is still burnt from the summer. It’s on its way back. A few winter changes to bunkers etc. Club house is great.

Good stuff mate, i lad i know from the match is a member there. I always felt like the clubhouse was stuffy and not much of an atmosphere but ive only ever played it in opens and one sunday in feb.

Good luck with the recovery 👍

D

Deleted member 1740

Thanks in advance.

Have you played them both?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love it mate. Haven’t played since Feb due to a shoulder op. The course is still burnt from the summer. It’s on its way back. A few winter changes to bunkers etc. Club house is great.

Playing West Lancs in the Lancashire Senior Ladies Championship in May, looking forward to playing there again.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Hope you don’t mind me geggin in..

I’m interested to know how was the process of becoming a member is? Its my nearest quality course and top of a list of one, of courses that I’d look at joining. Cheers

D

Deleted member 1740

Hope you don’t mind me geggin in..

I’m interested to know how was the process of becoming a member is? Its my nearest quality course and top of a list of one, of courses that I’d look at joining. Cheers

From what I’ve heard, stump up the cash and you’re in, then you’ve got 6 months to find a proposer/seconder.