Rye... and the Jubilee Course

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Rye is a nice, or even great, course with some memorable holes. My host, via another forum was a 2 time winner of the Presidents Putter - a scratch match-play event for Oxford/Cambridge Blues players played (in generally 'interesting' conditions) every January. The winning ball is attached to a putter that, along with the 2 full ones, is on display in the clubhouse. I've not played the Jubilee, but expect it's for those who find the pace of play/time involved on the Old Course too slow. ;)

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Finally getting to play Rye next week.

Got the option of playing the Jubilee Course in the morning. Anyone been and played that? Isn't it 12 holes and you play 6 of them twice? Is it worth playing.

And yes, it's long socks with shorts. So long trousers it is!

I played it donkeys years back in a club match against their artisans, barely remember anything other than I was the only away winner and I played against Harry Kewells uncle who talked about little else !

D

Deleted member 17920

Finally getting to play Rye next week.

Got the option of playing the Jubilee Course in the morning. Anyone been and played that? Isn't it 12 holes and you play 6 of them twice? Is it worth playing.

And yes, it's long socks with shorts. So long trousers it is!
Played the Jubilee last year. Yes it’s 12 holes but different tee boxes for the last few so different angles for some holes and the par 3 plays a lot different.

can’t remember if it’s the 4th or 5th hole up into the dunes was a superb hole. I quite liked it and would defo recommend playing it whilst you are there.

If you are stopping for lunch make sure you don’t forget jacket and tie or you will be eating elsewhere @Captainron gets very excited about the lunch there, very good value.

And it’s also jacket and tie after 2pm in the clubhouse.

D-S

Visit site
I play 36 holes there now and then and always seem to spend most of the day changing, jacket and tie for lunch, jacket and tie for a quick prize giving after the pm round.
Lunch is good though not for everyone (a modern take on public school dinner) and the course though interesting and the greens are great falls short of its reputation to my mind.
It is a slice of English life not seen by many and not to the taste of some.

D-S

Visit site
I think its now jacket and tie after 11am:ROFLMAO: Hope the lunch is better than my old school...do we still throw the bread rolls at the 1st Formers?

I think the Augusta National tie will be making an appearance!
My estimate is that two thirds of the members will be wearing different shades of red trousers. - also don’t forget that its pronounced Ryyyyyyeee.