Ryder Cup - Ultimate package

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As some of you may know, I am fortunate to work for the Eurpean Tour's charitable Foundation.

Just a general question, but would you pay to enter a competition to win the ultimate Ryder Cup package for France next year, say £5, £10 whether online or via text?

We are talking joining the official Eurostar on Monday, attending the official dinners, concert and opening ceremonies, hospitality on all match days, goody bag, accomodation, behind the scenes into the European Team changing room and media centres, inside the ropes access to practice days, first tee seating on all days etc.

Happy to be shot down, its just an idea and Mr Moderator, please feel free to remove if breaking the rules.

Thanks,

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being honest now, I always look at things like this and think straight away of those car "raffles" they have at the airports.
If the cost was a pound then no problem, but any more then I can't get past the issues of transparency and integrity.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't know a lottery ticket is £2 and a coffee is up to £3 and a Pro V1 £4. I'd have a pop for £5 but no more.

D

Deleted member 16999

If it was clear how much of the “payment” was actually going to charity then it may persuade more, ie £10.00 per ticket and then only £1-2 going to the charity I think it would be a rip off, if on the other side £8-9 went to the charity then I believe more would be interested as they’d see it as doing some good whilst at the same time having a chance of winning a good prize.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If it was clear how much of the “payment” was actually going to charity then it may persuade more, ie £10.00 per ticket and then only £1-2 going to the charity I think it would be a rip off, if on the other side £8-9 went to the charity then I believe more would be interested as they’d see it as doing some good whilst at the same time having a chance of winning a good prize.

Nail on the Head here.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm all for transparency too and agree would hope all of the funds after costs go to the charity and their endeavours but if you think £1 per entry is going to cover all overhead costs you're off your rocker.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback and I understand that transparancy is key. Being part of the European Tour/Ryder Cup and with Thomas Bjorn supporting the Foundation in his captaincy year, the costs will be very, very low. But message received loud and clear re donation versus expenditure ratio.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm all for transparency too and agree would hope all of the funds after costs go to the charity and their endeavours but if you think £1 per entry is going to cover all overhead costs you're off your rocker.
My figures are sheer guess work, although every penny, 100%, of the Poppy Appeal goes to charity, they cover overheads by other means.
If Companies donate to the Ryder Cup package then in theory overheads for this would be greatly reduced.

D

Deleted member 23270

How about getting one (or more) of those multi millionaire superstar golfers to cover the cost then all proceeds could/would go to charity?

Just saying....... :)

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good idea and for the cost of £5 is not bad either.

I have very little chance of winning but I have even little hope of affording to watch it in Paris (prices are really crazy now).

somfor that reason I would be in :)