Rusty style wedges

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Just bought a Cleveland Tour action 588 rusty GW off of a friend.

I don't really understand what the rusty craze is about so if someone could help me out that would be good. Also, should you dip it in water and let it dry to get back the rust where it has been used?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Allegedly, the rust helps to create more spin.
I'm sure I've heard that it actually does nothing of the sort. It's a "look" thing. It reduces the glare from shiney chromed clubs.
As far as I can see a rusty wedge just makes your balls go a funny colour..! (Oooh Matron!) :D :D :D

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it rusts too much,it will actually reduce spin,as the grooves will fill with rust.
Rain water will rust it quicker than tap water,but it will discolour enough to reduce glare,if just left as it is,and given a wipe with your damp bag towel every now and again.

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If it rusts too much,it will actually reduce spin,as the grooves will fill with rust.
Rain water will rust it quicker than tap water,but it will discolour enough to reduce glare,if just left as it is,and given a wipe with your damp bag towel every now and again.

Not only that, but as rust tends to be flakey, the rust will actually act to reduce friction (and therefore spin) between the clubface and the ball.